Neil Peart-Custom Drums

Nice!

Great pics, Bruce! Yea, that's the 30th Anniversary Set that was on tour about 2 years ago. I, unfortunately, didn't get to see it in person though. :-( The tour never came close enough to where I am to get a chance to.

Thanks for posting the link!

Peace

Your welcome, I should correct myself because the very first Rush album "Fly by Night" with the the 3 members was a perennial Canadian classic. At that time there was a Canadian sound in the songs and I liked it quite a bit.

Your welcome, I should correct myself because the very first Rush album "Fly by Night" with the the 3 members was a perennial Canadian classic. At that time there was a Canadian sound in the songs and I liked it quite a bit.

Oh, Yes!

And a "few" of us still do. ;-)

Thanks again.

Nice!

Great pics, Bruce! Yea, that's the 30th Anniversary Set that was on tour about 2 years ago. I, unfortunately, didn't get to see it in person though. :-( The tour never came close enough to where I am to get a chance to.

Thanks for posting the link!

Peace

Your welcome, I should correct myself because the very first Rush album "Fly by Night" with the the 3 present members was a perennial Canadian classic. At that time there was a Canadian sound in the songs and I liked it quite a bit. Ironically it comes in at just slightly over 3 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs07hbaKvug

great drums and great pictures but those 8 and 10 inch toms are all hardware. Can't see any finish.

And...

the first Rush album to feature "The Professor" on the drum kit!

Ahhh...

A: ...the Neil Peart SS Professor Tour

Q: Alex.. What is one of the top ten cool drum events that won't happen anywhere near me because my local drum shops are an epic fail."

Correct!

Last edited:
I don't really like any of his new sets. It just doesn't look right with out 2 bass drums.

Well...

you don't have to think it looks right, but IMO, Lorne Wheaton can make ANY drum-kit look right. He's just a really dedicated drum-tech, and you have to be with a drummer like NP. The guy(LW) is good, man! Don't think so? Watch the "Anatomy of a Drum Solo" DVD, and that will convince you.

There's a section in there about the drum-kit itself, and how Lorne sets it up, tears it down, and how meticulous he is throughout the process. It's quite impressive!

Just to clarify, .... Fly By Night was not Rush's first album, however, Neil's first :)

Hey fussion. Just to clarify, Bruce said "Fly by Night" was the first Rush album with the "3 PRESENT MEMBERS"

Just to let ya know. ;-)

Also...See post # 8

Back