Bizarre back problem

resohead

Silver Member
When I tried to get back into drumming I noticed that I literally felt like I was going to fall off the throne to my left. The floor was level so I bought a roc-n-soc, no help. No balance really doesn't help drumming.

I saw my doc the other day and he said I was listing to the left. From the waist up I was leaning. He referred me to a neurologist and I will have an MRI of my brain in two days. Of the things that could cause this none are good...MS, Parkinson's, brain lesions.

But I did some homework and found that this can be a condition caused by a long term med I have been on. It's called the Pisa Syndrome(after the Leaning tower of...) Withdrawing the med can make it go away, if not, they always have another pill.

I was getting my hair cut a few months ago and she turned away from me to get other scissors, whatever, when she turned back to me she said, whoa come back. I was leaning way to the left but didn't notice it at all.

As if that isn't enough, I'm on disability and as of 10/1 I have no insurance and not a prayer of getting any for months and even then it will suck.

Pray to Buddy, I need all the help I can get.

I'll let y'all know what this is in a few weeks.

ps..I'm leaning to the left over the arm of my chair as I type with my right hand. :(

Phil

Hey Phil

It's nice to hear some news from you, it's been so long since you posted on the forum.

Bad news is better than no news, and I'm very sorry to hear your back problems hasn't been resolved as of yet, I know you've been having this leaning on the left problem for months, I also know you went to see some physiotherapist and had some treatments a while ago, to no avail as it seems, that's a bummer mate... the good news, if the medication you've been taking is the cause of your problem, and, stopping taking this medication could make you regain your balance, there might be a chance to see the end of tunnel you've been stuck for so long, so fingers crossed, it could all come to an end and you could enjoy your drumming again, in the meantime, take great care of yourself and keep us up to date on how it's going.

Cheers buddy.

Henri

So sorry to hear of your plight. Health stuff is such a bummer, especially stuff that's not straight forward. I've had my fair share of nasty stuff, I even have another bitch of an issue under investigation now, so I'm with you in spirit. The one bit of advice I can give you is to have a 1 finger up attitude to the whole deal. It's the only way to get through things. Dwelling on what could be is an all consuming negative that you avoid at all cost. I have no definitive proof of the power of positive thinking, but in many ways, I'm proof enough for me.

Good luck with the scan. Remember, if they scan 10 people at random, they'll probably find some degree of anomaly in half of them, & in most cases, they're irrelevant.

so sorry to hear about your pain, man! you know, i heard about this thing that helps straighten your back and relieve strain, you hang upside-down from this bar and gravity pulls your weight straight down, which apparently works, not sure though

revision: here's the link for it http://www.teeter-inversion.com/

Thanks for the response and howdy, Henri. I am 99% sure that it's the medication. There would be other stuff going on with some of these other diseases. No med is safe. These are the side effects of Ibuprofen. You never know.

Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; gas; headache; heartburn; nausea; stomach pain or upset.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody or black, tarry stools; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; confusion; dark urine; depression; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; mental or mood changes; numbness of an arm or leg; one-sided weakness; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe headache or dizziness; severe or persistent stomach pain or nausea; severe vomiting; shortness of breath; stiff neck; sudden or unexplained weight gain; swelling of hands, legs, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint or muscle pain; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision or speech changes; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; yellowing of the skin or eyes.

Sorry to hear about your back problem. I am a drummer by the way, been my job for the past 3years now here in thailand. All i can relate is I too am experiencing this and also have consulted to a doctor and he explained to me about sciatic nerve, This segment is a collection of nerve fibres, which develop from the sacral section of the spinal cord and these nerve fibres join together to form a single nerve located in the front of the piriformis muscle. Passing beneath the piriformis, the sciatic nerve goes through the larger sciatic for a men while leaving through the pelvis. It is from the pelvis that it moves to the popliteal fossa from the posterior thigh. It then travels to the adductor magnus muscle in front of the biceps femoris muscle head. so maybe what im saying is, make sure to go have a check up and maybe this article can help you too https://lowerbackpain.io/sciatic-nerve/. check it out and i hope this info helps

Back