nice Charlie Watts video

Think about all the music that kit has been a part of.I don't think that Fred Gretsch had any Idea that his beautiful drums would still be around in the 2000's and still be relevant,and still being played buy a guy who played them in the mid 60's.

"That great Gretsch sound".:)

Steve B

I enjoyed the heck out of both of those videos! Thanks Anthony and Grea. :)

All these years I've listened to his drumming, I've never heard the man speak! He seems like quite and interesting man. I listened to a couple of other interviews with him while I was floating in YouTube-land. Fascinating perspectives.

I've always thought the most interesting thing about Charlie is his use of a China as his main crash.

Interest that he admits he breaks them all the time.

Next time someone says real drummers don't break cymbals, I'll point them to this video. LOL.

I always wondered what went through Charlie's head when the Stones were making records like Start Me Up and Miss You in the late 70's/early 80's. Just like Queen and other classic rock bands of the time, me and many others were cursing them out for making (what we thought at the time) disco records.

I've always thought the most interesting thing about Charlie is his use of a China as his main crash.

Interest that he admits he breaks them all the time.

Next time someone says real drummers don't break cymbals, I'll point them to this video. LOL.

Yes, that was interesting, so, if he does break them, I wonder, does he have a big stash of vintage cymbals, or maybe a drum tech always on the lookout for similar sounding cymbals to keep as backup stock?

(Thanks for posting Anthony)

Yes, that was interesting, so, if he does break them, I wonder, does he have a big stash of vintage cymbals, or maybe a drum tech always on the lookout for similar sounding cymbals to keep as backup stock?

I bet the latter. Maybe he has a favorite stock model he can always get. If it was vintage and a favorite he could get it copied if he wanted.

Notice Charlie only talks about breaking the front china, and he doesn't refer to that one as being a vintage.

The ride and crashes are the ones he refers to as being 30+ years old.

So I just assume he buys the chinas new.

I think the interesting thing about Charlie's tour around his cymbals is that his on-stage set-up includes a china that's starting to crack (and I assume this is shot pre-gig).

Back