Need feedback on business card layout

LukeSnyder

Gold Member
Hey guys, I'm gonna order a batch of business cards, and I'm doing the layout myself. Here's I design I worked on for a little bit. I rather like it. Any advice? I'm interested in anything you can offer me!

247862_10150214842478346_322995898345_6997778_1121861_n.jpg

Nice effort, Luke. I like the cymbals picture. When I reduced the browser screen size to get the car at biz card level I felt the type wasn't very clear. Darkening the contrast strips a bit more would help.

Also, "sessions work" sounds a bit clunky. I'd go for "session work".

Nice effort, Luke. I like the cymbals picture. When I reduced the browser screen size to get the car at biz card level I felt the type wasn't very clear. Darkening the contrast strips a bit more would help.

Also, "sessions work" sounds a bit clunky. I'd go for "session work".

Excellent, I'm about to run through a second version, and I'll use both of those bits of advice. Thanks.

I like it, apart from the typeface used on the contact info. I'd for a more standard font, it just looks more serious (to me, anyway).

Also, no need for the "user" part in your YouTube URL. www.youtube.com/LukeSnyderMusic works fine, and is easier to type/remember.

I like it, apart from the typeface used on the contact info. I'd for a more standard font, it just looks more serious (to me, anyway).

Also, no need for the "user" part in your YouTube URL. www.youtube.com/LukeSnyderMusic works fine, and is easier to type/remember.

Brilliant! Invaluable information, Naigewron. What font would you recommend? I'll change that link URL immediately, thats great :D

Lookin' good. Much more clear.

You can skip some of the punctuation too for extra clarity, like the full stops Drummer Educator etc and also the colon after "session work".

Also you could skip the www in the URL too, tho' it at least tells the more clueless prospective student (or student's parent) that it's a web address.

Lookin' good. Much more clear.

You can skip some of the punctuation too for extra clarity, like the full stops Drummer Educator etc and also the colon after "session work".

Also you could skip the www in the URL too, tho' it at least tells the more clueless prospective student (or student's parent) that it's a web address.

Hmm, I suppose I could do that... the punctuation there does serve some purpose. The periods after those three words project confidence, a sort of solidness. Thats very subjective though, the minimalism may be more striking.

I had the colon in there to insinuate that the contact info below was to be used primarily for those purposes, but I suppose it really is superfluous. I'll get rid of that.

The www is a tossup, I think. Like you said, it may help out the people who aren't so much up to date, but then again, if they don't already know about Youtube, they're not going to care about it anyways.

Another thing that I was considering is including my Twitter account as well, and putting the little Youtube and Twitter chicklets in front of the respective URLs. That will detract from the classiness of the design as a whole, but it may be worth it to appear more up-to-date and socially aware by identifying visually with the sites. I'm not quite sure :D

Hmm, I suppose I could do that... the punctuation there does serve some purpose. The periods after those three words project confidence, a sort of solidness. Thats very subjective though, the minimalism may be more striking.

I hesitated before writing the dots comments but decided on clean and modern. Still, I get where you and Cameo are coming from and it's valid enough - the dot makes it a statement ... LUKE SNYDER

[deep newsreader voice]

DRUMMER [clang!]

COMPOSER [clang!]

EDUCATOR [clang!]

Hardcore :)

I hesitated before writing the dots comments but decided on clean and modern. Still, I get where you and Cameo are coming from and it's valid enough - the dot makes it a statement ... LUKE SNYDER

[deep newsreader voice]

DRUMMER [clang!]

COMPOSER [clang!]

EDUCATOR [clang!]

Hardcore :)

That is the exact intent! Thats also the reasoning behind my choice of fonts, it looks strong and confident. I'll try it without though. Actually, I'll try it with a different font too, something cleaner. We'll see how that works :D

Here's where I'm at now, though:

247418_10150214906663346_322995898345_6998545_638820_n.jpg

Back