Spare 2 minutes to help me (from your computer chair)

AJNystrom

Hello,
Sometimes to reach the stars we need a little help getting up to that next step. I'm in that position right now. As most of you know I've made a conscious effort to pursue music as a full time employment. I have an opportunity to gain more recognition and to be able to network with some of the best people in the business ~ but I need your help to get there.

Monday, November 22nd, voting for the Cover Band 2011 competition begins. It's a nation-wide competition with undiscovered musicians vying for a chance to go to the NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) convention in January 2011 in Anaheim, California.

I respectfully request that you take a few minutes out of your time to
1) Visit http://www.coverband2011.com/drums-videos/364
2) Register your e-mail (you won't receive any e-mails except to confirm your registration)
3) Vote for my video.

The top 5 vote-getters in each category will have their video judged by a professional in that discipline. This year the drums will be judged by Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Since you can only vote once per e-mail address I ask that you kindly help me out and pass this information along to some of your friends. With a current count of 29 other videos in the drums category, and a few more to entries expected before the deadline, I'm weary that votes may be hard to come by so I'm relying on you: my family, friends, co-workers, acquaintances, and supporters to help me get this opportunity of a lifetime.

Thank you for your help and continued support.

A.J. Nystrom

Voting is now open. Hope you can take a few minutes to register your e-mail(s) and vote for me to give me a shot at a finalist spot and a chance to go to California in January.

Thanks for your help and support.

AJ

Thanks to everyone who's voted so far. We still have 7 days of voting left so please keep spreading the word.

I'm currently in second place with 46 votes. First place has 57 votes and is an endorser of Pearl drums and Vic Firth sticks. How that qualifies as an amateur and "undiscovered" is beyond me but he got through the scrutiny of posting a vid.

Again thanks to everyone that's helped so far and I hope you can pass the word along.

AJ

The time has arrived for YOU to shine. Today is the LAST day for voting for the Cover Band 2011 prelims & I need YOUR help to secure a spot in the finals! Please take a few minutes to go to www.coverband2011.com/drums-videos/364 to register your e-mail & vote for my video. Every vote counts & voting is very close . Please pass this on to everyone else. Thanks for your help and support in this endeavor.

Thanks to everyone hear for their kind words and support either on here, youtube, or facebook. It really means a lot to me and truly appreciated.

A.J.

Ok, it's official, I've made it through to the final round of the Cover Band 2011 competition for the drums. I came in 3rd place for the popular vote with 173. Thank you to everyone that took the time out to vote and pass the word on to others. I really appreciate your time, patience, help, and support. I really can't express enough how happy I am to have even reached this point. Thank you all once again.

AJ

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone that voted for me in the Cover Band 2011 competition. I've made the Top 5 and my video will be moving on to be judged/scored. Thanks for all your help, patience, and support. I don't know what I would do without you guys. You can check out the finalists in the drum category here: www.coverband2011.com/top5-drum-videos

Back