Theft is a drag!

Terry Branam

Official DW Chief Transcriber
Hey everyone,

Just had to vent for a second... I live in Chicago and last night while my wife and I were at a late rehearsal, we came back to our car to find a smashed window and missing items. Unfortunately, one of those items happened to be my cymbal bag! I foolishly brought my bag back to the car after finding out that the rehearsal space had adequate cymbals on the supplied kit. I even hid the bag under some stuff in the very back of the car out of plain sight...

Anyway, let my example be a lesson to all drummers: NEVER leave your gear unattended!!!

So begins the journey to replace my precious hand picked Zildjian Ks...too bad I have a really important gig tomorrow!

Regretfully,

Terry

o man! thats terrible! so sorry to hear.

was it all insured? any leads for the police to follow?

I lock everything in the trunk for two reasons. One, out of sight, no temptation, and second
I don't like missiles riding with me. Stop fast, roll over they becomes flying objects of head destruction. But man that sucks, especially K's

Really sorry to hear about that. I hope that you could possibly do something about it, or the sadsack gets caught. At least your post might prevent the same thing from happening to other drummers.

My condolences man. Hope your insurance will cover the replacement. If you had your gear covered in a home/renter policy, it may also cover theft from the car. Worth checking out if you haven't already.

Hey everyone,

Just had to vent for a second... I live in Chicago and last night while my wife and I were at a late rehearsal, we came back to our car to find a smashed window and missing items. Unfortunately, one of those items happened to be my cymbal bag! I foolishly brought my bag back to the car after finding out that the rehearsal space had adequate cymbals on the supplied kit. I even hid the bag under some stuff in the very back of the car out of plain sight...

Anyway, let my example be a lesson to all drummers: NEVER leave your gear unattended!!!

So begins the journey to replace my precious hand picked Zildjian Ks...too bad I have a really important gig tomorrow!

Regretfully,

Terry

WOW Terry, so sorry to hear of this...that does suck and I hope the b-tard gets caught and gang raped in jail!!!! To loose your K's that way is awful. Hopefully insurance can do something for you.

Thanks for the support everyone. I really appreciate it!

So, it looks like my insurance will help me out a bit. Still have to cough up a healthy deductible (which I don't have at the moment!), but thank god I have some help.

I suppose there are a lot worse things happening to people every day around the world, so I won't get into feeling too sorry for myself. I just want to give everybody that little "wake up call" that I guess I needed!

I'll miss my "K"abies terribly, but, maybe a 22" High Definition ride might sound good with these 12" hats I have collecting dust... tomorrow will certainly tell, right?! It'll be all good.

Thanks again everybody,

Terry

Try not to worry about it. They're just nice sounding bits of metal, after all. They can be replaced. You weren't hurt like so many robbery victims and if you think about it if you start to care about material things too much then you'll just end up like them, willing to do anything to get your hands on anything of any value, even if it means hurting other people (physically, financially, emotionally, etc...)

Make sure that you notify all the music stores about your gear. I work at a music store and we catch people all the time. esp with the K's man. They can be hard to unload unnoticed.

eddiehimself,

Thanks. I feel the same way. Although I really liked those metal discs!

Deltadrummer,

Good call, I'm on it. This is a big city, and the chance is unlikely, but I will always hope that they might find a new life with a great player that'll do them right.

Terry

Back