Is it me or Peart's HH hit's the bottom of Tom

Ths cat's outta the bag!

Now we know one of his secret tricks!!!

OK, I found the video, or a similar one, elsewhere. No, it isn't hitting the toms. The tom movement you see is because of the platform he uses, with the stands that screw into the base rather than being supported on three legs, I believe.

What happened to Facebook man. I thought I missed your photos

No it's you. Looks can be deceiving. I do like to listen to him play with no music though -you start to hear the song too when he plays-as I'm sure he "hears it" in his head too. He nailed it though so he did a great cover of the song-exactly like Neil would play it lol.

Start at the -2:56 mark...looks like they are hitting to me

The weighting and unweighting of his left foot is causing the toms to shake. They're on a stand some two or three inches above his hi-hats, but because the toms' stand is simply an upright threaded and screwed into the floorboards under his kit, they shake more than they would with a normal tripod stand. His hi-hats are close to those toms, but even if they are hitting, that's not what's causing the shaking.

Note at about 3:36 he's playing them sloshy and loose and they're not hitting or causing shaking.

Back in the day he had his hi-hats clamped very tightly in his clutch and they simply wouldn't have flexed that much.

Its really painful for me to watch Peart play. He is so robotic. All hunch backed and rigid. His shoulders and arms look so tense. You can pretty much see in his face how uncomfortable he is.

It looked like his stick technique was relaxed, using rebound mainly, although he's hitting hard.

Quite possibly the greatest drummer of all time. Beyond incredible. Truly one of a kind.

OP, thanks for posting the link. That made my day!

The Paragons always sound great in these videos. When I played them, for myself, they were a bit loud and gongy sounding. However, the china I played really sounded great. I am switching to Sabian HHX (various models). I may still get a Paragon china. BTW the Paragon 22 ride was really close to the old vintage Zildjian Ping Rides that I use to love. There's something about the new ping rides thats missing for me.

It really bothers me more than it should that those front two crashes sound exactly the same.

They do, indeed.
I didn't see the touching thing ; the video wasn't that interesting.

OK, I found the video, or a similar one, elsewhere. No, it isn't hitting the toms. The tom movement you see is because of the platform he uses, with the stands that screw into the base rather than being supported on three legs, I believe.

^ This is correct.

Back