Got the gig!

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
A few weeks ago I was invited to audition for a band I had forgotten I inquired about. That story is in the link below. Not sure how many drummers they auditioned but I met with them last Saturday and we jammed to a few of the songs in one of their set lists, both originals and covers. In fact they are in the process of rebuilding their band after a few setbacks like the drummer's health, other members' health, people leaving to start their own solo projects, etc.

Low and behold, we were playing and the leader stopped the three of us (me, the leader, and bass player) in the middle of the 3rd song and told me he liked what I was doing, liked my attention to their dynamics, didn't play on the hats all the time, etc. Told me to keep doing what I was doing and we jammed for another hour on thier material. Holy Crackers!!! Afterwards they invited me to join their band! The vibe was fantastic and they were talking about adding a keys player and probably "at least" on horn - probably a sax.

Good blues, progressive jazz and some older rock. I'm in the band!!

The next day I got an email from the bass player welcoming me to the band!!!

Whoo hoo!!!

Our first formal rehearsal is next Saturday. I've got the material to learn and it's not too much heavy lifting. Just good ol' blues, jazz and early rock!

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1199916

Congrats!!!

It's always nice to receive those kind of news especially when you feel the vibe is there too and you like their music

Congrats and best of luck to you! I feel this is the world coming full circle as the BF and I just sent word to our current band today that we are splitting off. It just wasn't working for us. Our window closing is your open door and that makes me feel better :)

Congratulations, Rogue! Hope this project is very rewarding for you. Nicely done!

No, no, this won't do at all. The new guys are supposed to be loose cannons who are mental and can't play! Great, this probably means no more horror stories! Crap!

I jest of course. Dude you are like the Energizer Bunny when it comes to looking for bands. It was just a matter of time with your pit bull like attitude. Nice going man, glad to hear it.

Please fill us in on how the first rehearsal goes.

No, no, this won't do at all. The new guys are supposed to be loose cannons who are mental and can't play! Great, this probably means no more horror stories! Crap!

I jest of course. Dude you are like the Energizer Bunny when it comes to looking for bands. It was just a matter of time with your pit bull like attitude. Nice going man, glad to hear it.

Please fill us in on how the first rehearsal goes.
Agreed. It's about time your efforts paid off. Great news, & ride on the high my rad friend :)

Congratulations!..... I've been waiting to hear how it went........ Terry

That's awesome, congrats. I know how hard it's been for you in the past with bands and psychos so I'm happy for you.

Great to hear! Hope you all gel well together. Sounds like you'll finally be having some fun instead of playing head games with immature people.

Thank you everybody!! I've been riding high since Saturday. I can't wait to start rehearsals with these guys!

Back