Love Guitar Center's price match program

konaboy

Pioneer Member
So I was looking for a boom arm for my new 11" K-Custom hybrid splash I got last week. After figuring out where I wanted to put it on my kit I went boom shopping online. I really like the yamaha ch-755 medium boom and it will work perfect for me. Guitar Center had it for $42.99, did some more searching through google and found it for $34.25. Emailed guitar center about it and asked if they would match, they said sure give us a call.

Called them tonight and the guy looked up my inquiry said yeah we can match, let me see what we can do for you. He came back and said how about we just make it an even $30? I said o.k. here's my credit card!!! Add to that free shipping and I just saved $13. Oh happy day :)

I won't ever deal with Guitar Center again. I went through a nightmare buying a used drumset from them (one of my first posts on these forums) and when you try to do a price match on things that are more expensive, they can simply tell you "no" even if you have the ad in front of them. They can tell you that they are "losing too much money" and that their manager will just not allow it. Glad your experience was good.

In all fairness I think many sellers who offer a price match program don't honor it 100% of the time. When I presented www.zzounds.com with documentation that I had an competitor's offer on a Gretsch kit that was substantially lower than theirs they flat out told me they couldn't afford to go that low and match the price but they came within $70 and made the effort.

Offers, like rules, are made to be broken. But glad to see some good coming from GC.

The only problem I have ever had with my GC is that I asked for 12, 13, and 16 coated ambassador heads and the 13" he gave me was an ambassadorX. Said guy was obviously completely stoned and I haven't seen him since so I assume he got fired next time they did a random drug test, and/or the got too many complaints about him.

Back