Ludwig Atlas Hardware Detailed...

9000's are $500. Cobras are well under $400, Eliminators are under $300. Why would anybody drop 500 for a Ludwig pedal? These pedals better freakin fly at that price.

and 275 for the hi hat stand?? lol

Alright I did some digging and talked to an old buddy who works for Ludwig and was at the NAMM show. The good news is they won best new product for percussion, the bad, you pay for it.
The double pedal price he told me is going for $450 to $500. Not bad considering the dw 9000 are like $6 something and the Pearl Demons are as well, still way too much for me to pay mind you. You can get rock solid Eliminators for $340 and used for less than $200.
Anyways there ya go $500 is the price for the double pedals.

If the quality is there, then I could see myself paying for it. But...it better kick the pants off of every other hardware made by different companies. I guess we'll see.

9000's are $500. Cobras are well under $400, Eliminators are under $300. Why would anybody drop 500 for a Ludwig pedal? These pedals better freakin fly at that price.

Just get a CB700 & call it ........good..lol

just kidding good pedals are costly for sure I think I seen a pearl demon pedal fly by me the other day..lmao

I still like the trusty dw 5000's even more so than the 9000's JMO of course.

Bonzolead

...I still like the trusty dw 5000's even more so than the 9000's JMO of course.

I had a similar experience. I swapped my Axis AX pedal for my backup Tama HP30 just for giggles and I found liked the Tama much more that the Axis. I attribute to the difference between the feel of the chain-drive and DD. Oh well, I guess I'm a man of simple pleasures.

The Ludwig stuff looks great. If the price is right on those flat based stands then I might score a couple for for gigging.

I had a similar experience. I swapped my Axis AX pedal for my backup Tama HP30 just for giggles and I found liked the Tama much more that the Axis. I attribute to the difference between the feel of the chain-drive and DD. Oh well, I guess I'm a man of simple pleasures.

The Ludwig stuff looks great. If the price is right on those flat based stands then I might score a couple for for gigging.

I've been using a Pearl Eliminator (p2000c) since I started. Then a couple months ago my teacher replaced the pedal on the student kit with a p900 (the level below elims), I liked the way it felt FAR more than I ever liked my elim (and yea, I adjusted its settings, a lot). I came this (||) close to "downgrading"... but then just ended up getting a speed cobra double, which I like better than both :)

Yeah, $180+ is a bit steep for the single pedal, considering I totally dig my Eliminators, and have NO complaints.

IF IT'S COOL AND FEELS GREAT
might get one down the road, as a "want" I can afford, but it's down the road unless I can score a great deal at the shop.
Yeah, it'd be a " because it say's Ludwig on it" purchase, so it's down the road if I did it haha! But, It'd have to feel as good as my Eliminators first.

I do want some flat base stands, the Classic snare stand, and a Pro snare stand.
I can sell some of my DW & Gibraltar stuff to get some money back out of it (think I said that before).

$84 for a flat base stand seems around average, and since the Atlas are slightly larger tubes than what DW uses, these would be fine for me, even for the bands I play harder in and use more arm motion & visuals.

I use a FB for my 24" ride and I crash it a lot with no problems, so I have no worries with a bigger tubed stand.

I like the ability to overlap stand legs too. I went back to single braced stands for my crashes so I wouldn't run into any probs with stand legs and mic stand legs.
These would eliminate that problem.
Some said they didn't like how they looked, but for doing what they do, then for me they're cool.

I also really like the unlimited angle of the basket on the Atlas FB snare stand.
Every other FB snare stand has a gear...and of course it's "this much" off optimal....
The FB stand also gets my tom in "just right" without using a RIMS, a mount, and a heavier stand, so I really like them for the tom.
I'll probably get 2 of those, and sell the heavy duty Pearl stand I have for the tom on the rehearsal kit. I should be able to get $50-80 for that Pearl 2000 snare stand.

I like the Pro snare stand a lot as well.

When I get one, I can replace the stand on my rehersal kit (that I don't like) with my current Pearl stand.

I was even thinking about a FB hat stand, but if it wiggles at all like the DW 6000 FB hat stand, no way. It looks a bit more substantial than the DW (that sounds weird!), but I don't know if I want to take a $150-180 chance on it!

One other thing that's cool about the flat base Classic stand is that it has the Aerodyne tilter which is the dual-axis one, not just a standard front/back gearless tilter.

The prices are stupid to say the least. In Canada here I'm sure we are going to be screwed price wise with them, up here $500 for a 9000 is a deal (brand new)
Here is what they go for new..
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/717/Drums/Hardware/Drum_Workshop/9000_Series_Double_Pedal.htm
So I'm sure the Ludwigs won't be far off.

I think the design of the Atlas gear seems to be a home run, but......

Why would anybody drop 500 for a Ludwig pedal?

That's exactly what they are going to be up against. They have no reputation for producing pedals that are anything to talk about.....the Speed King was an "it" pedal a long time ago.

The price is crazy...until tons of people start saying it's absolutely great or something.

If it starts getting the rep of a 5000, 9000, or a Trick or Axis, then the cost may be justified, because you'll know what you're going to get, quality and performance-wise out of it.
I just remember how excited everyone was with the Pearl Demon drive.....

The cost of the single is a bit high compared to other pedals, but not by a "oh forget it" margin. It appears to be really well made, and sturdy as anything else out there in the price range.

The ultra high price of the Pro Hat stand is insane to me.
It might work great, but, again, no reputation to go by to have it at a price point of a DW 9000--especially when they don't have any other "levels" of less "gadgetry" for people that want something better than what they offered before, but don't need a Hi Hat stand that's almost $300.

I could spend the $291.50 (after tax), but I'm not going to.

That's not to say I think the stand doesn't appear to be the bees knees. I just think the price is too high when we have nothing to go on.

See, I'm not a fanboy!

Back