Fun pictures - KIS's drummy weekend.

Cheers Gary, & yes, would be great to see you over here sometime.

ALL GUYS!! If you want a good laugh at our expense, I suggest you check out the train crash thread in the "your playing" section ;)

There we go then. In my case, a warning about 'not practicing' and seeing what happens!

This is undoubtedly the only time you'll ever hear me say this, but for that weekend only.........I wish I was a Pom!!

So cool Andy. From the get together with the DW boys, to rubbing shoulders with the "stars." How totally awesome! Especially a session at the bar with a couple of big names......I can just hear our teetotalling mate tut-tutting as I write. :)

Perish the thought!

No mate, my abstaining Canuck friend Sticks4drums, who was promoting the merits of sobriety to Andy and I last night. I tried sobriety once......found the whole thing terribly over rated. :)
Seeing them drum just adds fuel to my argument. :) I am just kidding, honest.

Perish the thought!

No mate, my abstaining Canuck friend Sticks4drums, who was promoting the merits of sobriety to Andy and I last night. I tried sobriety once......found the whole thing terribly over rated. :)

I tried sobriety once, too. Sadly it seemed to stick when I started driving around.

What a great time it sounds like you guys had. And what a really cool product Guru drums is. It's so good to know that a company can still come up with a unique thing and succeed. It restores a little faith to see something that isn't of the usual cookie-cutter variety make it.

And what a fun hang! Looks like everyone had a blast. Good times with a good bunch of guys... can't beat it!

Looks like a great time!

When are you bringing that kit to America for NAMM?
Thanks DED, we did have a great time (I take it you've viewed the silly video clips in the "your playing" section :) ).

Actually, regarding NAMM, I could really do with some advice from the kind members here. As Guru Drumworks consists of 1 1/2 people, as you can imagine, doing NAMM would be a huge stretch. Essentially, it would be coming straight out of my pocket. Which is the best NAMM to attend? As it's a music industry trade only event, then we'd have to be focussed on attracting retailers for our drums. There's a difficulty in that, MARGINS! Costings are really tight on such a labour intensive product, so we'd be very concerned about distribution & retail margins making an already high price really too high for customers. That said, if we're serious about customers getting the chance to try & buy our drums in the USA, we have little choice but to go that route. Stuck between a rock & a hard place :( Any words of industry assistance would be greatly appreciated! In short, if we thought it was worth a shot, we'd take the plunge.

What a great time it sounds like you guys had. And what a really cool product Guru drums is. It's so good to know that a company can still come up with a unique thing and succeed. It restores a little faith to see something that isn't of the usual cookie-cutter variety make it.

And what a fun hang! Looks like everyone had a blast. Good times with a good bunch of guys... can't beat it!
Thanks man! It's tough to bring something to a very conservative market that's totally brand focussed & mostly buying with their eyes. Still, I think we have something of value to those who appreciate the difference. Our make or break point will be the production version of the prototype kit. It'll look very different to the prototype, but also look & sound different to any other kit out there. Here's hoping!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks DED, we did have a great time (I take it you've viewed the silly video clips in the "your playing" section :) ).

Actually, regarding NAMM, I could really do with some advice from the kind members here. As Guru Drumworks consists of 1 1/2 people, as you can imagine, doing NAMM would be a huge stretch. Essentially, it would be coming straight out of my pocket. Which is the best NAMM to attend? As it's a music industry trade only event, then we'd have to be focussed on attracting retailers for our drums. There's a difficulty in that, MARGINS! Costings are really tight on such a labour intensive product, so we'd be very concerned about distribution & retail margins making an already high price really too high for customers. That said, if we're serious about customers getting the chance to try & buy our drums in the USA, we have little choice but to go that route. Stuck between a rock & a hard place :( Any words of industry assistance would be greatly appreciated! In short, if we thought it was worth a shot, we'd take the plunge.

Yes, NAMM is unbelievably stupid expensive to buy booth space for.

The winter show in Anaheim is main show, and the most important one. The summer show was originally supposed to be a smaller show that traveled for people who just couldn't make it to California, but somehow it ended up that it's held in Nashville every year. But it is much smaller from what I'm told (I've never gone to the Nashville event myself).

And yes, it is for wholesalers to show to retailers, not the general public. Although I know they've been experimenting with a public day to end the show.

But the important part (not) is that I will be the Anaheim NAMM show in January!

Yes, NAMM is unbelievably stupid expensive to buy booth space for.

The winter show in Anaheim is main show, and the most important one. The summer show was originally supposed to be a smaller show that traveled for people who just couldn't make it to California, but somehow it ended up that it's held in Nashville every year. But it is much smaller from what I'm told (I've never gone to the Nashville event myself).

And yes, it is for wholesalers to show to retailers, not the general public. Although I know they've been experimenting with a public day to end the show.

But the important part (not) is that I will be the Anaheim NAMM show in January!
Have a great time there mate, but regrettably, we won't be there. The cost for a little guy like us, is hideous. If we were on the NA continent, it would be bad enough, but the logistic costs are just crazy. We'll see what happens next year, when we release our production version of the prototype kit. Thanks for chiming in, appreciated.

Back