Most Embarrassing Moments.

when I come to a gig, and while setting up my kit some ***hole pulls at my arm asking "can U guys play Wipe Out?"..even worse: "can U guys play Hang On Sloopy?"..even worse: "can U guys play Sweet Home Alabama?"...grin

I mentioned in another forum / post that I threw a stick into the air and didn't come close to catching it, that was embarrassing, but the audeince just laughed, so did I.

Another time during " Behind Blue Eyes", the Who, I was sitting behind my kit bored because the beginning of the song is guitar and vocals. So, I'm twirling my stick just to 'pass the time' and wouldn't you know it- SLIP, crash, thud, crash again, and finally the sound of a drumstick hitting the floor....my bandmates were not happy and I felt horrible. I mean this stick must've hit everything on my kit on it's way to the stage floor....audience laughed hysterically.

I was playing a show and the captain morgan guy showed up with like 2 hot captian morgan babes. They wanted a picture with the band (awesome) so every body is infront of the drums so I hopped up on my drumstool. everything is cool... until they ask us to do the captain morgan stance, one leg up in the air. so i raised my leg and my stool just started spinning around I fell to the ground and ontop of my drums and put my hand out to catch myself and I hit one of those metal alcohol signs with the palm of my hand and sliced my palm open. BLOOD WENT EVERY WHERE!

This happened about 15 years ago... give or take.

I kept my drums in the 'shop', which is often left open and happens to be surrounded by a few million acres of wilderness, where I live. Anyway, I hadn't played in a few months when i got a call to do a 'fill in' that evening at a resort on a lake. After arriving, I unloaded the drums and set the cases up on stage. The bass drum case was resting on it's flat bottom, and when opening it I suddenly noticed a strange odor emanating from somewhere within the cases darkened confines.

Without a warning, out from the case sprang about a dozen small mice, scampering about the stage and dance floor while those present jumped as if Olympians up onto their chairs and tables to escape the wrath of the paniking beasts. LOL, That was embarrassing!!

Because the bd had no resonator, I took the drum outside and dumped out I'd say about a shovel load of smelly ol' mice droppings, and then with damp rag in hand, wiped the shell 'clean' while guests and band members pointed my way laughing at you know who's expense. The mice? Well, this happened right at the stages open back door and most of em' fleed into the 'yard', where a family of cats that lived under the outdoor deck responded with glee to the unexpected frolic and feast. It was a real scene for those that saw it. True story!!!

Last edited:
Back in the 90's Cannibal Corpse, Sinister and Cynic played locally and we got to open for them. Sean Reinert (Cynic) is one of my drum heroes, so of course he walks behind me as I drop a stick and knock my stick holder off of my floor tom leg trying to get another, so I have to become a contortionist, keeping the snare beat and 16th's on the double bass while I bent down to snag a stick off the floor.
He did give me a pair of his sticks after the show :)

Thanks McBike, MisterZero and intheruff for the laugh out loud stories, just priceless

Back