Press 'Submit Reply' and I get logged off, lose my reply.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
This has happened to me about six times in the last few weeks, only on my iPhone:
When I type a long reply, and click 'Submit Reply', I get the screen which says I am not logged on. My reply disappears, I have to log in again and type it all in again. Obviously I must have logged on in the first place to be able to type my reply, but by the time I've finished typing, it thinks I'm not logged on. Very frustrating. I've got into the habit of 'select all' then 'copy' before I hit 'Submit', so I can log in again, reply again and 'Paste' my previous reply in again until it works.

Does this happen to anyone else? I've lost quite a few lengthy posts which took several minutes to type. I'm using a fairly old iPhone 4s...

Hi Morrisman

Sorry for inconvenience - but why don't you stay logged in all the time?
You can use the checkmark to stay logged in when you log in. I myself
didn't log in for three years..all fine....
.. and yes, when not sure if logged in after writing long replies: copying first before hitting the submit button - helps...

Bernhard

This has happened to me about six times in the last few weeks, only on my iPhone:
When I type a long reply, and click 'Submit Reply', I get the screen which says I am not logged on. My reply disappears, I have to log in again and type it all in again. Obviously I must have logged on in the first place to be able to type my reply, but by the time I've finished typing, it thinks I'm not logged on. Very frustrating. I've got into the habit of 'select all' then 'copy' before I hit 'Submit', so I can log in again, reply again and 'Paste' my previous reply in again until it works.

Does this happen to anyone else? I've lost quite a few lengthy posts which took several minutes to type. I'm using a fairly old iPhone 4s...

This does happen to me on my iPhone as well but because I know it is a problem I look before I hit send. The check mark does not work since their latest update on Drummerwolrd site

"but why don't you stay logged in all the time?
You can use the checkmark to stay logged in when you log in."

The checkbox doesn't seem to work on my iphone. If I'm browsing the forum for an hour, I'll typically have to type my username and password three or four times. This is at home via wifi.

My computer is a different story - as soon as I open the site it remembers me and I'm already logged on.

It remembers me when I use the check box and log onto my Android. Maybe it's just a problem with Iphones.

Update - I ticked the 'stay logged on' box an hour ago, and all my posts have worked, and I haven't had to sign on again. Not sure if the site will remember me tomorrow, but the check box has made a big difference during this session.

Does this happen to anyone else? I've lost quite a few lengthy posts which took several minutes to type. I'm using a fairly old iPhone 4s...[/tard

Yes it has happened to me many times on my Mac.
I try to make sure I copy the text I wrote before I click submit reply.
It's not your iPhone, it's the way the forum works.

If you forget to copy your text and have to log in again, try to click the back arrow after you logged in, you will stay logged in and there's chances that you may find your text if you go back to the page in which you entered it.

This is because the forum has a built in post quality check. If your post is stupid or doesn't meet the quality algorithm standards, it doesn't go into the forum. Best bet is to keep trying, and increase the quality of your posts.

A week later and the "Remember Me" box is working, but for one day at a time. So I haven't lost any posts lately, and only have to put my user name and password once per day, instead of every ten minutes.

The thing that bugs me most now is the Search button. I have to click it twice for it to respond, then when I type one character it closes and zooms out, off screen. So I find 'Search' again, click it twice, type my second character, and it closes again. After the third or fourth time the field stays open and I can type the rest of the word. Happens every time when I'm using my iPhone. Is it just me?

This is because the forum has a built in post quality check. If your post is stupid or doesn't meet the quality algorithm standards, it doesn't go into the forum. Best bet is to keep trying, and increase the quality of your posts.

Clearly the algorithm needs updating *high five*

Back