Silly branding things that shouldn't matter (but do!)

For me, there is a visual aspect that I can't ignore. I don't mind logos as long as they're not ugly. Sabian is the worst offender in my book. Not so much how big they are, but just what they look like. Pro-Mark is another one; I don't mind what they look like, but I can't get over where they are. I used to use them back when they weren't half way up the stick. Silly as it might sound, there are too many other sticks I like at least as much to be bothered with that visual affront.

I like logos as long as they aren't too large. The small gold Ludwig keystone badges are excellent, as are the blue/olive badges from the '70's, and I like the Paiste logos on all of my 2002s. I have a sentimental, emotional attachment to these things, with wonderful memories of childhood and my teenage years wrapped up in all of them. Also, the front head of my bass drum must have the small Ludwig script logo or the small '70's Ludwig logo or I am not happy. So, I guess I'm logo-positive. Or, loco-positive.

Doesn't bother me, but I have to have the logos aligned with the tom mounts…

Me too.

I don't care about other logos one way or the other.

But dang, the drum head logo have to aligned properly!

Once back in 91/92, I got to see Neil Pearts kit up close. He had all logos removed from everything. No cymbal logos, no drumhead logos, nothing. It looked weird close up.

New badge vs old badge.

2015_07_04_10_08_34.jpg

2015_07_04_10_00_20.jpg

Small identifying logos are fine. Large advertising logos are not. I remove them whenever possible, or sometimes don't buy the product in the first place. If a company is willing to pay me to advertise their product, I will gladly display their ginormous logo. Otherwise, no.

Anyone have any idea if it would be possible to remove the logo off of this?

71RpcqNyLrL._SL1280_.jpg

I fear messing with the patina.

[Excellent cymbal, by the way. I'm not one to buy low end when it comes to cymbals, but that cymbal really delivered for me.]

Back