Anyone know how much touring rock bands get paid?

I don't get out much but, how much are stadium concert tickets and how many does it take to sell out?

Ball parking....

20,000 x $30 is only 600k. I wouldn't think an act is going to get more than $150K with those numbers.

At $50 tickets it's a million dollars and that might be the difference between a profit and a loss..

Again, I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass but in any high dollar production, those last dollars are the ones you make money on. If you are stuck with 10K unsold seats, you might be screwed.

$30 a ticket!!

That's 1980 I'm afraid

I know tribute shows in theatres charging double even three times that!

$600 for Eagles (real Eagles!). Queen + Paul Lambert over $1000 a ticket for up close. (that's legit, not from a tout)

Muse was $120 plus a ticket some two years ago at a 13,500 capacity arena, which was Sold Out

LOL. Green day is from around here, and those guys used to talk like they were so punk rock, giving everyone stories about how they told off big record execs. Now they ask 500k+ for a show and play radio-friendly over-produced garbage.

But I digress. Can't fault someone for giving a supply of what's demanded.

I'll bet Dave Lombardo will tell you what Slayer makes….

Personally I don't believe the figures he reported. I'll tell you for why.......he was going through a messy divorce and with lawyers involved, they wanted their pound of flesh. Would you announce to the world you were loaded!

A band says hey we have 30 shows coming up and we'll pay you $50, you wouldn't say yes. I would hope not and Lombardo wouldn't be any different

Back