Best way to sell cymbals that have never been used?

ba dum tish

I bought some cymbals about 6 years ago. Tried them for literally about 30 minutes before I realized I did not like them. I was going to return them but I found out too late that the return policy was only 3 days. So for the past 6 years they have remained safely tucked away in their carrying case in my basement. They still look brand new.

What would be the best way to market these to get the best return? I don't feel like I can call them "new" but I certainly wouldn't call them used. They look like they could still be in the store. How would you go about selling such cymbals and what kind price should I be selling them for? I'm guessing less than brand new, but I don't know how much less.

If I'm honest, I'd probably list them as new - or 'new old stock'

A lot of cymbals in music shops have probably seen more than half an hour's play and they don't sell them as used! If they don't feel guilty about doing it then nor should you just because you're not a retail outlet. What about cymbals that have been demo'd online? Or even when they are struck at the factory to test? All you've done is 'further tests' hahaha

They are still "used."

They don't come with a factory warranty anymore, so that means they are not "new' and not worth near a "new" price.

I'm scared to ask because I may be interested... What are they?

I'm afraid the're used cymbals.

The term new old stock only applies to stock that is new on the shelf,never used and hasn't been sold in quite some time

As an example,I bought a Ludwig P-83 /P-32 strainer and butt that were new old stock.The P-83 hasn't been manufactured since 1968.That is new old stock.

Once you walk out that door,take them home,play them and then keep them,they are indeed used,and they must be marketed honestly as used. and not new.

You can sell them as in new condition and only used for half an hour.If they are in AS new condition,then that's completely honest,and asking slightly above used is completelt justified.

Just be completely honest in your description especially if you use Ebay.If the cymbals aren't exactly as stated condition,the buyer can open a case against you and get a complete refund.

Just take LOTS of very clear pics,and be totally honest in your description

Best of luck

Steve B

Last edited:
They are still "used."

They are still considered "used".

I'm afraid the're are used cymbals.

Add me to the chorus.

I wish it wasn't the case for your sake mate, but it is I'm afraid. However you try and swing it, used cymbals they are and used cymbal rates is all you'll get for them.

As Steve said, advertise them "as new" and make every effort to highlight what great condition they're in. This will maximise your chances for best return......but you're just not gonna get anywhere near the price of a new one I'm afraid.

How defeatist you people are. I thinking Craiglist ...

BRAND NEW CYMBOLS!

Fell off the back of a truck (fortunately into foam mattresses left by the side of the road). Perfect mint condition!

Will sell to you for A WHOLE 20% LESS than the usual new price! Forced sale. My brother cannot afford an urgently needed eye operation on his knee.

BRAND NEW CYMBOLS!

Fell off the back of a truck (fortunately into foam mattresses left by the side of the road). Perfect mint condition!

Will sell to you for A WHOLE 20% LESS than the usual new price! Forced sale. My brother cannot afford an urgently needed eye operation on his knee.

I got a new set of truck tires. How 'bout a trade?

Terms such as, "like new" or "barely used" comes to my mind. Just preface it as you've done here on your post giving more details about their use. I would feel less trustworthy about the seller if they were titled "new" and later in the copy said that they were even used for 30 minutes.

Dennis

BRAND NEW CYMBOLS!

Can I have some of what you're on?

I'd list them as new but you better hope they don't lift the maintenance flap and check the hit counter.

Post 'em here on the Classifieds thread, too, if you're so moved.

BRAND NEW CYMBOLS!

Hey...that's spelled S I M B O W L S.:)

Steve B

Agree with all that say they are still used. Buy a new car and once you take ownership and drive it off the lot, it is legally used.

Back