Quick Question

Sticks, too. I usually also bring my own throne so I don't get sweat on or wear out theirs.

Sticks and drum heads.screws,bolts,washers,,springs and various other hardware pieces.I would not include pedals or cymbals into the breakable catagory.If you cracking cymbals and breaking pedals .........you're just playing way too hard,and have a technique problem you need to address.

Steve B

Sticks and drum heads.screws,bolts,washers,,springs and various other hardware pieces.I would not include pedals or cymbals into the breakable catagory.If you cracking cymbals and breaking pedals .........you're just playing way too hard,and have a technique problem you need to address.

Steve B

Thing is, maybe the drummer whose cymbals you're about to borrow is the one with the hitting too hard problem. Perhaps he's already started a hairline crack that happens to split wider while you're playing...

I'd rather not risk that. I just bring my pies.

Steve B

Nothing should be in the breakables category. Sticks maybe. I still prefer to bring my sticks, cymbals, hh stand, kick pedal, snare, snare stand and anything else I might need.

I don't know why everyones getting funny about what breakables should or shouldn't be.. He just wants a straight answer for a gig. You were right originally, cymbals, snare, pedals and sticks. They should ask you specifically if they want you to bring stands, although bear in mind their set up may not have enough cymbal stands for the amount of cymbals you want to use, in which case you'd want to take an extra stand of your own.

Actually had a hi hat pedal snap in half years ago..couldn't afford a new one..and no ebay in those days so I got a piece of 1/8" steel and 4 bolts and fixed it..

Back