I feel like I'm in a bit of a pickle.

So how did the gig go?

Well, one guy (the one with the weird drums) realized he had something else on his schedule so he had to cancel. The other guy (the guitarist) said we could still meet up, though. I tried contacting him but never got a response until late yesterday morning. By then, my wife I had other plans with some friends.

My main goal at this point is to find some musically like-minded musicians just to sit and play with. Mainly for my own enjoyment and find out if I can hang (or not) with others.

Everybody says you have to play with other people to get better and I agree with that. But damn, it's difficult to find these other people.

Anybody have any better suggestions? This last attempt was via Craigslist. It's just strange because of all the follow up and not knowing who these people are.

Suggestions??

I agree: it is RIDICULOUSLY difficult to find people to play with. I found my bass player via Facebook ("Find musicians in North Wales"). I was already good friends with my singer but in a non-musical context so I'd forgotten that she sang. We had the most enormous trouble finding a guitarist, and ended up roping in a mutual friend who said he'd help us out in the short term until we found somebody else. Luckily for us, he stayed, and we've since acquired a second guitarist who plays in one of his other bands. The thing that I can't understand is why neither of them volunteered originally, when they knew we were looking for people.

I take it you've tried putting an ad up in your local music shop, if you have one, and asking friends to ask their friends?

Back