Help with my drum pedal tension

wordword

I haven't really messed with the drum tension on this pedal, but it's really giving me a hassle. i was assuming the two screw-pieces below the spring is what needed to be loosened/unloosened, but upon looking at the bottom screw closer it seems to be actually attached to the black piece between the two screws.

Its a tama power glide pedal.

Once again, that bottom screw just wont budge, and it seems to be connected to the black piece in between so i dont even think that bottom screw is meant to be loosened. The pedal tension must be changed some other way.....

Photos please. Then we can help. Most pedals have a shaft at the end of the spring the is turned to adjust the tension. Look at this picture. At the bottom of the spring shaft are two screws. Loosen the top one, adjust the bottom one, then tighten the top one.

Attachments

• THP200XXX_ip.jpg
    THP200XXX_ip.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 208
That photo looks accurate, I just can't seem to do anything with that spring piece other than loosen the top screw.....

How does the bottom piece move if that black screw on the bottom is "unscrewable"

2359791860098348124S200x200Q85.jpg

Your photo seems to show that the screw wheel aren't installed properly. Look at my photo, and yours and the bottom screw on yours is on top of the frame piece and not underneath it.

Edit. On closer exam your photo fooled me. That bottom screw should turn.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-11 at 10.06.41 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-11 at 10.06.41 PM.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 204
Back