Ship or sell to guitar center?

aparker2005

Hey guys I'm needing to sell my Raven Black Yamaha Stage Custom birch drums bought in late 2013. All kept in super condition. I have a potential buyer but after the hassle of getting boxes and shipping, I wonder how much I'll come out ahead over just going to guitar center and taking what they give me?

Sizes are 8,10,12,13,14, and 20x17

Thanks!

I have a potential buyer but after the hassle of getting boxes and shipping, I wonder how much I'll come out ahead over just going to guitar center and taking what they give me?

The only way to know is to ask GC what they will give you and to do the arithmetic on the cost of the box/shipping/insurance.

FWIW - Trade-ins at GC tend to be worth it only if you're using it as leverage to buy something much more expensive than the value of the trade.

Sell it locally. GC is overloaded with used stage customs, even though they are a great drum.

Sell it locally. GC is overloaded with used stage customs, even though they are a great drum.

This. You will be shocked by the low offer that GC will make. And shipping a set across country will likely set you (or the buyer) back at least $100 - 150. Maybe more. Your best bet is Craig's List.

GeeDeeEmm

This. You will be shocked by the low offer that GC will make. And shipping a set across country will likely set you (or the buyer) back at least $100 - 150. Maybe more. Your best bet is Craig's List.

GeeDeeEmm

^^^ Yep.

If you are shipping the kit either the price for the kit needs to be high enough to cover shipping cost if you don't want to charge for it, or you need to charge the buyer shipping. I wouldn't be taking a cut for shipping which will run you some money as stated above.

Craigslist is a great place to sell it. I'd also put it on your FB page. You might be surprised, one of your friends may know someone looking to buy a kit.

... I have a potential buyer but after the hassle of getting boxes and shipping, I wonder how much I'll come out ahead over just going to guitar center and taking what they give me?...

It partly depends on what the offer is from the potential buyer.

I'd say to at least check out what GC would give you for them.

Subtract that amount from your offer, and divide by the potential hassles
involved in selling through craigslist or ebay.

IOW - how much is the service they offer worth to you?

Back