Are you in shape

bromasi

Bought one of these new fitness bracelets, you know the ones that count your steps, will after playing a gig for three hours with two breaks, I down loaded the results, it seems I got over 10,000 steps that about five miles. Look like I don't need a treadmill after all.

Question: Are you in shape?

Answer: I am in a shape. That shape is much more round than I could have ever imagined. :(

GeeDeeEmm

I have found the fitness bracelets and other digital means of recording inaccurate.

For me, short answer -yes. I'm a delivery driver for a large company (you can guess which) I think it was like 15,000 to 30,000 steps and 10-13 walking miles a day. I doubt the accuracy though. And around 350-400 pieces.

Between that and lifting weights, stretching, exercise bike (300 calories/ 10 miles) and drumming, I'm pretty fit!

I always thought drumming would be a good workout.. but i see alot of round drummers :)

I'm in shape for drinking beer. Heading to the store now...

Bought one of these new fitness bracelets, you know the ones that count your steps, will after playing a gig for three hours with two breaks, I down loaded the results, it seems I got over 10,000 steps that about five miles. Look like I don't need a treadmill after all.

I have a bridge for sale that you may be interested in.

Also, I may be able to do a sweet deal on an opera house if you're interested...

If you were measuring how many times you pushed down on your pedal fine, but most of those things require that you measure your gait so that an accurate result can be given. It is obvious you didn't go five miles, since you were seated on a throne, but you may have burned some calories. I used to wear one at work until I lost it and did a lot of walking in the hospital. About 5 miles per day. I would rethink the treadmill and not rely on 10,000 bass drum pedal pushes to take its place.

I’m in an odd kind of condition. I’m not a real muscular type football player guy, but I can play a gig for 4 hours at full energy in 90 degree heat no problem.

It's not accurate for drumming, walking yes. However you are burning lots of calories drumming and working out your cardio, arms and legs. If I didn't drum I would look like the Stay Puft Marshellow Man :)

Attachments

• stay puff.jpg
    stay puff.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 331
I have one and it counts a step each time I hit a drum with my left hand. If I want an accurate count of my steps I have to take it off when I play. Otherwise on a four hour gig, I can get over twenty thousand steps.

Another gadget. Apart fom being wildly inaccurate (Like my spelling) simply doing any form of exercise is good, why the need for a bracelet that lets you know how much you may or may not have done?

I’m in an odd kind of condition. I’m not a real muscular type football player guy, but I can play a gig for 4 hours at full energy in 90 degree heat no problem.

Thats not odd.. thats how it works, if you are one of these guys that feels that one day he will have to lift a car off of someone and thus lifts weights constantly to get big you would find that your endurance would goto crap (in most cases, some guys are freaks).

I've always wondered how many calories one burns playing the drums... I know that we're constantly moving all four limbs, and we're mixing up what we're doing so it's not just repetitive motions. After some googling, it looks like drummers burn between 200-400 calories per hour of drumming.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/310376-calories-burned-while-playing-drums/

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/whatsnew/package.jsp?name=fte/drummer/drummer&floc=wn-nx

It's going to depend on many factors, including your height, weight, and BMI, but still, not too shabby!

Well getting there slowly every day.

Now I am a slim person that do not get fat at all and I look the same as when I was 20 years old. Now I am just 40 years but it does not really feel different at all.

Also I never smoked, drugs and rarely drink alcohol.

I am clear in my mind and stay out of any negative environment which keeps worries away.

But playing drums is a way to keep in shape and I feel it every time I sit behind the kit.

Back