dwforever

I have my bass drum at an angle, and I want to have double pedal, but I really have to have the arms at the ends for it to fit onto my kit. This causes alot of lag, and sometimes the arms come apart, and I am constantly having to adjust my bass drum for the slave pedal to be even on the floor. If only my bass drum was a little smaller for it to fit under my medium tom which is on a seperate mount.

How do I fix this problem? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Am I right in thinking that if you could move your mounted tom closer towards your bass drum then your slave pedal could come in a bit? If that's the case then try either mounting the tom higher so it's not interfering with the bass drum or try a rack system that will allow you to position the tom without an extra stand to get in the way of your slave pedal etc.

Another solution would be to have a shallower tom or smaller bass drum but see if you can get round it by reconfiguring what you already have. You could even try mounting the tom from a stand which is on the other side of the bass drum if you can.

Put your slave on the other side of your HH pedal- closer to the kick. It works just experiment a little. Could be difficult if you have a 3 leg, non-adjustable HH stand (the kind where the legs dont rotate) but will work otherwise if you do.

Either raise your "medium" tom so it fits over your bass drum or move it somewhere else. What's your setup? Post a pic.

And +1 you make almost no sense.

Back