Kit Differences

keeper0ftime

Hey guys, still searching for my next kit.

I tried a friend's Mapex Meridian Birch recently, fitted with G2's

And, I really enjoyed it!

I am curious though, if someone can spot the difference between these two:

Mapex Meridian (birch)

And

Mapex Meridian Studioease (birch)

I cannot for the life of me find the difference, because I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mapex-Merid...ltDomain_0&hash=item27c1b3d812#ht_3741wt_1159

It's the finish I'm looking for, has the extra floor tom that I wanted...I just don't know what the 'studioease' bit is about.

Also, if someone feels I can get a better bang for my buck somewhere else, please feel free to chime in.

After I finally button down a new kit, I'll probably replace my shity Meinls with some Staggs..though I'm leary..

Thanks all!

BabyBob is right on the money.

Mapex Meridian (birch)
Well, you don't give us any context (like a link), so it doesn't mean anything other than birch drums made by Mapex from their Meridian line. Could be any sizes/configuration.

Well, you don't give us any context (like a link), so it doesn't mean anything other than birch drums made by Mapex from their Meridian line. Could be any sizes/configuration.

What do you mean right on the Money O_O?

The "Studioease" just means it has the extra floor tom if I'm not mistaken.
A studio kit should have more toms so that there is more variety of what to choose when playing, be it a 4, 5, or 6 piece.
Studioease, to me, sounds like that anyways. Easier when you have choices or something.
Just my two cents, hope it helps. :)

Also that is the only 6 piece Meridian Birch kit. The others are 5 piece "SRO" pop/rock, standard, and a jazz kit.
Same with their Meridian Maple. Though with the addition of a 4 piece "Manhattan" bop kit.

Or so it says here.
http://usa.mapexdrums.com/drums/meridianbirch/index.asp

I understand where that could be confusing. Ill provide links when I'm home from work today.

But the birch kit I was referring to was titled just that 'mapex meridian birch' and it too came with the additional floor Tom.

What do you mean right on the Money O_O?
That means, "you are precisely correct."

If I recall correctly, Studioease is 10/12 rack toms and 14/16 floors. The other kit could be a 10/12/16 setup with a bonus 14. There may not look like there is a difference, but the two would have different part numbers, and may or may not be the exact same price.

You could also have a 12/13/16 setup with an extra floor, or a 10/12/14 with an extra floor.

That means, "you are precisely correct."

If I recall correctly, Studioease is 10/12 rack toms and 14/16 floors. The other kit could be a 10/12/16 setup with a bonus 14. There may not look like there is a difference, but the two would have different part numbers, and may or may not be the exact same price.

You could also have a 12/13/16 setup with an extra floor, or a 10/12/14 with an extra floor.

I see, sorry for my crappy English ;C

Back