derek roddy SQ2 finish?

Hey,

I've been thinking of getting a second kit in a smaller one up, two down config. I want something that will feel different and I might be able to bring out to gigs. I've been thinking of going for it and getting an SQ2 in beechwood.

I saw Derek Roddy had this really cool SQ2 where he had a black to silver fade. On the silver side he had black hardware and on the black side he had chrome hardware. I think its really cool and it'd look great on kit sizes 13x10, 16x16, 18x16, 14x6 and 24x16 bass drum.

But I went to Sonor's site and can't seem to find the name of the finish. Does anyone know? Was it some custom finish just for Derek? Or maybe if Derek is around he could tell me?

Any info would be great.

Sonorplayer

Attachments

• 590999833.jpg
    590999833.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,692
I went to their site and saw a white-black and I black-white-black. Not sure if it's white or silver.

If I remember correctly...the color was just called black to silver fade. It has a sparkle about it.
The kit I have is the actual one from the very first SQ2 catalog.
I just added an 8...and, a 14 tom later....(which didn't match the rest of the BTW) Sparkle was bigger and more pronounced.

I know they'll do it in SQ2...they'll do anything you want...if you're willing to wait for it.

Cheers,
D.

Thanks Derek.

How long is the wait on an SQ2? Are we talking 6 to 8 months?

Yeah, I'm wondering too what kinda DW monster kit Derek will come up with. But I guess it's hush-hush for now...we'll all have to wait and see.

Cheers,

Sonorplayer

Sq2's rock!!
Hey Derek, what finish is your DW kit going to be?
-Jonathan

Don't know...John Good is going to surprise me. I want to go back to the blue though.
We'll see what he comes up with. He knows I like Exotics....but also color.
Who knows! Ha.
I excited to see it though. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

Thanks Derek.

How long is the wait on an SQ2? Are we talking 6 to 8 months?

Sonorplayer

If you're lucky.
Sometimes....if they have them already made.....it won't be that long.
I know guys that have waited over a year....some have gotten them fairly quickly.
Depends on how quick Hohner can get the order in.

The finish is called Black Silver Sparkle. I looked it up in the old catalog.

Cheers,
D.

Thanks for looking that up.

That's a really long wait...not sure I could wait a year!

Anyone know how long a DW custom or Yamaha PHX order takes? I hope less than a year.

Sonorplayer

Back