I saw "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I very much enjoyed this movie. Rami Malek portrayed Freddy so well, that I would see it again just to watch his performance again.

I know nothing about the inner workings of Queen so I can't comment on how true to life it was.

However, I felt as if they did a fine job in the making of this movie. I didn't notice any over the top dramatization at all, it all seemed pretty real. But that's just an uninformed opinion.

I do recommend seeing the movie. It was very well acted.

I haven't seen this movie but did see the Documentary , Mercury Rising, on Amazon and it was great. The only review I saw of the movie wasn't too complimentary. Glad you liked it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.26.00.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.26.00.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 583
Absolutely brilliant film. Want to go & see it again :)

I'm not a fan of Queen by a long shot, but my daughter wanted to see it and I thought it was excellent.

I really enjoyed it - there are a few things that aren't quite what 'really happened' (apparently) but then it was never portrayed as a biography.
I thought all the cast did a fantastic job - barely recognised Mike Myers!

I really enjoyed it - there are a few things that aren't quite what 'really happened' (apparently) but then it was never portrayed as a biography.
I thought all the cast did a fantastic job - barely recognised Mike Myers!

I didn't know it was Mike Myers either until I read Grunt's article he posted.

The cast did do a fantastic job, I definitely agree with you there.

I have watched Mr Robot on Amazon and the actor on the series is the same guy who plays Freddie in this movie. He is remarkable in the Mr. Robot roll

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and share everyone's opinion - I thought it was excellent.

The casting was spot on. I thought I was watching THE band most of the time.

Two thumbs up!!

My wife doesn’t know any of Queen’s music, but saw the previews and thought I would dig it. She was right. Excellent movie and as a non fan, she enjoyed it as well.

I loved this film, really a good moment, we appreciated the fact that it was as much about Mercury as the other Queen Members and heavily music related.
Most musician biopic turns out to deal more with drugs addictions or sexual facts than music.

Wow more thumbs up for the film. One of my daughters and her sorta husband to be?? is visiting this weekend so I may suggest we all go to see this movie. He plays drums, is an artist, and blogs about music so I think he would enjoy it as well as my wife and daughter. He and my daughter just saw Elton John in Atlanta-his boss (owns an Art gallery) had swanky tickets in a reserved area and couldn't sell them so gave them to he and my daughter-they said it was great. I think they would enjoy this too.

It's a good film and I'm looking forward to getting the Blu-Ray when it comes out as I'd watch it again happily.

However, I did feel slightly uncomfortable with how certain events were changed and the truth was bended for the film (Freddie's change in attitude and his solo career, how his AIDS diagnosis was treated, the lack of support/distance from his father over his lifestyle, the band singlehandedly saving Live Aid - a few examples) all of which didn't happen as portrayed but it's a good film all the same.

Well worth a watch. It is a good film but things were changed to make it more dramatic - as with all films I guess.

Like others have said also it felt, at times, like a band film as opposed to about one member with the others in the background.

Very good to see focus on the whole Band and the actors were all great. Despite the niggles above I did still very much enjoy it.

I enjoyed it. I had every Queen album up until "The Game", ("Queen II" is still my favorite). Saw them on their "Sheer Heart Attack" and "Night At The Opera" tours. Know a lot about the band, but not so much behind the scenes. One thing I noticed was they were performing "Fat-Bottomed Girls" before their 1st American Tour. Never followed the management situation, but I always wondered who "Death On Two Legs" was written about.

Good film but I didn't like some moments.
And the ending. I really wanted that it'd revolve around The Show Must Go On because it's an absolutely cinematographic story. But still, it's good.

I watched it last night since I saw it was the 133rd highest rated film on IMDB and wow! The film kept me captivated all throughout and the Live Aid sequence was simply electrifying.

I've yet to see the film, but The Game by Queen is one of my top 20 all-time favorite albums. I was 9 when it was released, really getting into many different kinds of music at the time. Queen is different. Very talented. Brian May is an amazing guitarist with a great original sound. I'll probably just wait til February or whenever it hits digital.

The rollicking Freddie Mercury biopic "Bohemian Rhapsody" and the race-relations comedy "Green Book" won top movie honors at the 76th Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night

BEST FILM - DRAMA

"Black Panther”
“BlacKkKlansman”
“Bohemian Rhapsody” (WINNER)
“If Beale Street Could Talk”
“A Star Is Born”

Back