A Guru artist in North Wales

Magenta

Platinum Member
A couple of months ago, a new jam night started up near me, and it's been great fun although it's often been oddly drummer-heavy, which is one reason why we usually have two kits. (The other reason is that the other regular drummer is a lefty.) Anyway, it's a good laugh and a very welcoming environment, for beginners, experienced musicians, and everybody in between.

Yesterday we were joined by a certain Very Nice Young Man who seemed to enjoy himself playing drums and bass, and re-creating the legendary drum-off from last month's London Drum Show with Liam ;) (Apologies for the crappy phone video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDwDHdsuJ7M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFAzPOq3-v0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXPRlGYpV2g

Aha! From the title, I was concerned that I may have inadvertently signed a random druid in one of my more lubricated moments, but I see you've imported one of these rare beasties. Looks like fun - bordering on grotesquely disjointed ;) I see I need to get up there & instil some backbeat discipline into proceedings!

Has David been unduly influenced by a certain bass goddess recently? ;)

I see I need to get up there & instil some backbeat discipline into proceedings!

You most certainly do! I can offer you a crappy kit, horrendous cymbals and the most gorgeous snare in the whole world. Deal? - On a more serious note, it's several worlds away from the other jam night, and I'm proud of the warm welcome we give to old friends and new friends alike.

Has David been unduly influenced by a certain bass goddess recently? ;)

I couldn't possibly comment :)

You most certainly do! I can offer you a crappy kit, horrendous cymbals and the most gorgeous snare in the whole world. Deal? - On a more serious note, it's several worlds away from the other jam night, and I'm proud of the warm welcome we give to old friends and new friends alike.
Deal! Is it run on a Thursday night? I can probably sneak one in on a return trip to the Wirral, if only to stop that Floegel chap using a wimpy trad grip when it clearly doesn't suit him ;)

Deal! Is it run on a Thursday night? I can probably sneak one in on a return trip to the Wirral, if only to stop that Floegel chap using a wimpy trad grip when it clearly doesn't suit him ;)

Yep, it is. Not sure when dear David will be here again though; maybe Easter time. Of course you don't have to wait for him to show his handsome face though!

Who's that guy who play a drum duet with Liam? He seems familiar... oh! wait! he's he the guy who took some lessons with Yolanda Charles?

You should send these vids to David Floegel Madge, that guy look so much like him...

... and I was expecting some popping backbeat on a popcorn snare, I was so mislead by the title... but I enjoyed all the clips :)

... and I was expecting some popping backbeat on a popcorn snare, I was so mislead by the title

Ah, you see, lovely Liam isn't actually a Guru artiste - though he is something of an ambassador, as his walnut snare went on his recent European tour and I wouldn't be surprised if the popcorn went as well on next year's.

I just hope no sheep were harmed...

Oi you: this is Old North Wales, not Australia, I'll have you know.

It was a fun few days with my two "sons" (mother-hen syndrome) and plenty of drumming. Happy Madge was happy!

Back