Virgil now playing DW

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
I can't believed no-one mentioned this but Virgil has moved from Pearl to DW.

“I appreciated my time playing Pearl, but it felt like the time was right to embrace a new sound, and a fresh start. I’m thrilled at the possibilities with my new instrument both in the studio and on stage. I will be playing DW for the first time on my upcoming tour in Europe.”

What do people reckon? He could make anything sound good but I was never a big fan of his pearls, not sure if that was the drums or just the way he tuned them.

Here's a new clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUKpwwfLGy8&list=UUJMu6uEIhGpqvhfK5vzidAw

Band sounds stellar! Good audio too, but standard default gig processing, so difficult to hear anything standout about the drum sound.

I demonstrated (very badly) a kit to Virgil at LDS two years ago in our demo room. I didn't know it was him - go figure!

With eq and processing who could tell the difference? The usual media speak about how great his new drums are. I am much more inclined to believe an endorsement by someone who has used a product for years, at there own expense, and then been offered a contract by the company in recognition of that. And yes, I would love to be endorsing a companies gear, as would most of us I presume.

I would prefer if I was offered Premier or Yamaha gear though. Picky? me? Nah just discerning.

... I am much more inclined to believe an endorsement by someone who has used a product for years, at there own expense, and then been offered a contract by the company in recognition of that.

I think there would be a buzz about what kind of gear he's using even without an official endorsement deal. I don't think any drummer of his fame could "quietly" make that kind of move.

Back