New Generation... Watch Out!!

Well I'll be damned, that was pretty awesome. Always inspiring to see talent such as this at such a young age!

Why the negativity bro? How can you not be inspired by a kid that is only 6YO and has pretty decent chops already? Imagine how good this kid will be by the time he hits 20!

Well.....If it was the first time a young kid had been flagged up on the tube, with awesome chops it might have been interesting. But its not.

Also, I dont think you can extrapolate what a young child is doing at the age of 6 to how they will develop by the age of 20. Say he has been playing for a year, now. You cant assume he will be 14 times better by the time he is 20.

I prefer to let kids enjoy what they do without any pressure. I was a junior athletics coach for 20 years and 99% of the naturally gifted, or exceptional for age kids did not keep there gift going or were caught up by the later developer hard workers.

Its a child, let them enjoy what takes there interest, he may keep it up, he may get into computer games, who knows.

Sure is nice to know that a person can't be happy and inspired by something as simple as a 6YO that has some very good abilities and talent. Nice. What a great experience it is to always have negative comments like this. Just awesome. Sheesh.

Sure is nice to know that a person can't be happy and inspired by something as simple as a 6YO that has some very good abilities and talent. Nice. What a great experience it is to always have negative comments like this. Just awesome. Sheesh.

Hey....I am Mr glass full, all the way. I just dont find the video of yet another child prodigy very interesting is all. Seen plenty of them. Just trying to bring a bit of perspective.

People get there inspiration from different things and situations. Each to there own.

I have to agree with mikel. I give that kid all the props in the world, and wish him the greatest of all things in life, but I am worn out on the kid drumming videos...kinda like I'm worn out on watching amazing-chops drumming right now.

I don't think it was a negative comment as much as it was a personal opinion...

Well done-- playing as well as a fairly talented 15 year old when you're 6 is special. I'm pretty sure parading the kid through a bunch of media appearances is not the best thing for his future development as a musician and as a person, so I wish his parents were not doing that.

This is great! I showed this to my 8 year old son, who wamts to play the drums. My son was loving it, knowing that he can, most likely, attain thsi type of skill at an early age in life. I wonder how much of this is natural ability vs. hard work. I'm sure a bit of both, but some kids just "have it" on certain things. My son hates working towards a skill. if he can't master it right away, he says " this is stupid" and walk away miffed.....UGH, I need to fix that ASAP....:)

Kudos to this kid and his parents, or whoever was able to give him focus.....

Hey....I am Mr glass full, all the way. I just dont find the video of yet another child prodigy very interesting is all. Seen plenty of them. Just trying to bring a bit of perspective.

People get there inspiration from different things and situations. Each to there own.

I am not taking sides here or starting something up however if you had no interest why did you open up the
thread? There are plenty of other ones you can check out.

Hope he doesn't fall into the big pit of "child prodigys that are later forgotten". The bad side of parading such a young kid around on the internet..

This is great! I showed this to my 8 year old son, who wamts to play the drums. My son was loving it, knowing that he can, most likely, attain thsi type of skill at an early age in life. I wonder how much of this is natural ability vs. hard work. I'm sure a bit of both, but some kids just "have it" on certain things. My son hates working towards a skill. if he can't master it right away, he says " this is stupid" and walk away miffed.....UGH, I need to fix that ASAP....:)

Kudos to this kid and his parents, or whoever was able to give him focus.....

Nah mate, your kid is fine...... just being a kid. He will find something that grabs him and stick with it. You cant live your kids lives for them. Last thing you want to be is a pushy parent.

Not another "awesome" kid playing the drums!!!! Whatever next.

So your first post wasn't negative at all?? . OOOO KKKKay then. You know, some people get a little bit of joy and happiness from simple things sometimes. That's great if you have seen plenty of videos like this. Some others may have not. Why ruin it for others?

Apologies if it came over like that Mark. Just my opinion, dont see how it would spoil it for others though.

I am not taking sides here or starting something up however if you had no interest why did you open up the thread? (...)
Why not? Where's the problem? Are people expected to only confirm/state positive things when posting?

BTW, mikel's post seemed like a totally legit - and, as always - subjective opinion on that video, with zero intent of provoking - just an opinion. Everybody has an opinion - so why keep it to oneself? "Freedom of speech"... (Check: Are we sticking to the dinner jacket party rules? - Yes we are so everything's fine.)

I also agree with the risk having children exposed in the media etc., this builds up pressure/expectations and the kids might give their activities up altogether once they run into stagnation or can't live up to what the rest of the world is expecting from those prodigies.

Why not? Where's the problem? Are people expected to only confirm/state positive things when posting?

BTW, mikel's post seemed like a totally legit - and, as always - subjective opinion on that video, with zero intent of provoking - just an opinion. Everybody has an opinion - so why keep it to oneself? "Freedom of speech"... (Check: Are we sticking to the dinner jacket party rules? - Yes we are so everything's fine.)

I also agree with the risk having children exposed in the media etc., this builds up pressure/expectations and the kids might give their activities up altogether once they run into stagnation or can't live up to what the rest of the world is expecting from those prodigies.

Fair enough; there have been many comments about negative posting but I am all for discussion. That is what the title of the forum is after all.. Thanks for your comment.

Back