Rock VS Metal drumming

That's probably the most pointless thread I've seen in a while.

What's better, yellow or purple? Please discuss...

Really, my fingers tell me to delete this thread. I'll wait for some more replies, but man, can it get any more pointless? Phew...

This one time I read the title of a thread and clicked on it...then I wasted more time by reading the first post...then I read the second post, laughed a little to myself, and decided to post on the thread myself.

True story.

Really, my fingers tell me to delete this thread. I'll wait for some more replies, but man, can it get any more pointless? Phew...
i ask whats better i wanna know good and bed sides of both because to me too are the same
i put VS because i just didn't know how to set title

If a tree falls in the forest.....and no one is around to hear it.....does it make a noise?

Mods, please delete this trolls post.

Steve B

I'm going to go with purple. It's just how I feel.

Hi all.
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh... And the thread starter is a newbie.
So let me elaborate just a little bit to help fostering reasonable discussions in the future, or maybe apply some of the 'strategies' to this thread.

necksss,
look: You really really have to give a bit more info/introduction statement than you did. It's not enough to drop a few words and then lean back and expect a fruitful discussion. You need to do more!

What would that 'more' be?
Explaining your background/your own perspective on this, and why you started the thread, and what it is that you'd like to learn/discuss.

Ok, you said 'good' and 'bad' sides of both 'genres'. But here there's a whole bunch of aspects involved, and discussing every single one of them would be a huge task. You have to realise that some things can be discussed in a more or less objective way (statistics, percentage relationships, etc.) while others are subjective (one person likes it, another doesn't). So you really have to figure out some guidelines in order to get anything reasonable out of a (this) thread. You know what, it's even difficult to define what 'rock' vs. 'metal' is. We have entire discussions on those topics here! For some, Slayer isn't 'metal' etc. So in real life what you want to have as a nice and precise discussion result isn't that easy to even address - too many aspects/parameters involved, and too many things that have to be defined/narrowed down. That is, in my opinion.

Imagine you'd learn what you like to know. What would be the next step? Would you redirect your drumming activities? Would you avoid some music genres and start getting into other genres instead?

It's way easier to simply lean back, relax and listen to what music _you_ like and what drumming style is _your_ preference. Then simply go for it and don't care (too much) what others are saying.

To give other members an idea of even why you asked you should introduce yourself a bit so we'd know how long you've been drumming, what drumming goals you have etc, what benefit you might have from any outcome of this discussion. The more we know about the/your specific situation, the better we can react, the more specific the info/recommendations. So invest a bit more of your time/energy, give us more info and you'll get more/better feedback.

Ok, that was my honest attempt to contribute to this thread. But please... take a bit more time when creating threads and post a handful of sentences so people would have some clue what it is that you want to discuss.

metal is usually more technical usually due to the blast beats, insane bpm and double pedal. which style is the best? depends who you ask, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Rock pros and cons:
VS
Metal pros and cons:

Rock: Does not rust in weather.

Metal: More uniform appearance.

Oh, we aren't talking about patio design...? My bad.

hmmmm...starting 6 threads in 6 hours seems a little insincere. You may wish to post in the 'random thoughts' thread because thats what some of your queries are coming across as.
Devote soem effort to what you seek to find out from others here.
My image is you're sitting on Greyhound bus broke down on a road in the prairie somewhere with an iphone looking for something to do, lol

Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing. If metal weren't the most over-discussed topic on this board, maybe we could use some discussion about it.

I have a pet peeve with people asking others their opinion about something, but not offering up their own opinion.

Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing. If metal weren't the most over-discussed topic on this board, maybe we could use some discussion about it.

I have a pet peeve with people asking others their opinion about something, but not offering up their own opinion.

We can turn this thread into another Ringo discussion if you like DMC :)

Who"s Best or Ringo...

Back