Drumset Solo - I Remember based on West African Rhythms

fantastic!
i especially like the intro and the full, warm sound of your drums. it's hard not to get up and dance around in my appartment; lot's of energy flowing there!

yeah! it's fascinatin however complex such a rhythm is, there is always a heartbeat that can be felt, which make your legs move (when it's played right ;)
really enjoyed it; go on!

Joe

I held the Guinness Book World Record for endurance drumming a long time ago. Boo McAfee (he runs Worlds Fastest Drummer contest now) broke my record 4 years later.

You can go to my web site and see the info if you wish.

Cliff

JP, this thread should be posted in the Your Playing section (Your Place-->Your Playing).

That aside, I loved it! It really captures what I love about drums. Inspiring, soulful playing. Great room for that kind of solo too - the acoustics and playing have that little Frankenstein kit sounding huge. Only listened to the first 6 mins before tuning out, though.

THATs an amazing drumsolo. More of the so-called "professional" player should try things like that instead of showing up some of their "look, i practiced that to death" stuff. Its a great solo and you played fantastic.
I showed it to my little brother (who's neither a drummer nor a musician) and he enjoyed it.

Stellar job Joe, I really enjoyed that.

Thanks. I think playing a piece like this makes you a better play as you not only focus on playing other "styles" but you really have to try to make it "dance". One of the best comments I got was from my Instructor. He said he can visualize all of the dance moves going along with the piece.

thoroughly enjoyed that ......fantastic playing....

and that may be the farthest I have ever seen a hi hat from a rack tom in my life :)

stellar......

Back