Successful debut gig at hot venue

Late Bloomer

Last night, my newish blues band had its first gig at one of my towns better venues. My other band had played there on numerous occasions. This place has been trying a few new bands out in recent times and always has plenty of hot women there. Anyway, they were very impressed and immediately gave us 4 new dates for the new year, and said if any bands pull out, we will be the first call.
The other good thing was, we initially agreed to $500 for the gig, but they decided to give us $600 instead. The lineup of the band is Male vocals, guitar, bass, hammond keyboard with leslie box and me on drums.

Very cool, congrats on the good first gig and getting more dates lined up. Sounds like you impressed them. Good job!

It is always a good sign when you get booked back on the night of the show.
That means that you did well.
Congrats!

Request for band sound clips please. I love hearing a great Blues band. Congratulations, you must be very satisfied. When people offer extra money....well, that speaks VOLUMES...especially in this economy lol. You must have found his weak spot...

It's great when stuff like that happens. Bands I usually play in are told not to come back to the venue next week. Congratulations! I'm with Larry, post some clips so we can see and here you!

Thanks for the replies. When we get some clips, I will post them. It is satisfying, especially when my other blues band has lost favour at the venue. Mind you, we were playing there every 6 weeks last year and a few times this year. I have a feeling that band wont be there anymore. This new band has more potential anyway. All the band including the vocalist are pretty capable musos. Time will tell.

Yeah, what a great feeling to know you nailed it. Congratulations on the new excitement in your life. My only pointer is to be careful not to overplay the venue. Even if you're very good, it's so easy to become old news in the eyes of the audience. We always make a point of never overplaying a venue or an area. Go with the flow & ride the high!

Today, the venue called us and asked the band to play on the "boxing day" public holiday ( day after christmas in Australia ) which should be a good show. Also tomorrow night, the band starts a stint as the house band for a pretty popular blues jam night at a different venue. Every 3rd Thursday night I think it is.

I hope you get a recorder for Christmas and stop teasing us...

JK. Congrats again, and we still want to hear your band. Blues is dear to my heart, I'm always interested to hear a good blues band.

Back