How do I contact Tama for parts?

tbmills

Gold Member
I have searched the tama website looking for contact info and i cannot find it...

i have two parts id like to replace, 1. the pull rod from my lever glide hat stand (mine is bent) and 2. is the connecting rod on my ic double pedals (some of the threads are stripped).

i located the part numbers through their extremely detailed and helpful parts diagrams, but dont know how to contact someone to buy the parts.

please, someone help me out if you can
tb

so how did it go? You can also try the TAMA backbeat forum, there's a guy there (JAY) and he'll give u an reply. He works for TAMA USA. Easy!

I had some problems with some Tama parts a couple of years ago and the only thing I could get from them was warranty and parts are done through dealers only. To quote their distrubutor in the US, "Tama is too big to deal with customers directly." Telling them about the drum companies that do offer direct assistance and mentioning companies many, many times larger that have direct assistance just got their ire up.

When Tama came out, they were the cat's meow. That has really changed. The reason I tried to contact them was a defective part on a new pedal, and 4 replacements until I had what I was paying for in my hands. I hope for the Tama players that what I went through was on the extreme bad luck end of coincidence.

OK, who are the authorized Tama drum dealers in North America? I have clicked on the above link and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them via email to order a new strainer for my Tama Chrome Imperialstar 6.5 x 14 steel snare. Serial number 15405557. The strainer is so bent that roller will not turn freely on one side. Does anyone have a spare one to sell? Thanks, Barry

Telling them about the drum companies that do offer direct assistance and mentioning companies many, many times larger that have direct assistance just got their ire up.
As far as Im aware, practically all larger drum manufacturers utilize retail stores and wholesaler to deal with warranty/replacement issues.

If manufacturers had to take on this task, theyd never get anything else done!

My local music store carries lots of Tama parts and if he doesn't have something in stock he orders it pronto. I know because I got my Starclassics from them. Call Brent's Music Headquarters in Ft.Myers, Fl. at 239-936-6909 the guy you want to talk to is Jeff. He's the best. Satisfied customer for life.

good luck getting tama parts. If your local shop has them, you're lucky. Most likely you have to get them to order it, and it takes 6 months, literally. Absolutely crappy support from tama for parts.

I had some problems with some Tama parts a couple of years ago and the only thing I could get from them was warranty and parts are done through dealers only. To quote their distrubutor in the US, "Tama is too big to deal with customers directly." Telling them about the drum companies that do offer direct assistance and mentioning companies many, many times larger that have direct assistance just got their ire up.

When Tama came out, they were the cat's meow. That has really changed. The reason I tried to contact them was a defective part on a new pedal, and 4 replacements until I had what I was paying for in my hands. I hope for the Tama players that what I went through was on the extreme bad luck end of coincidence.

No coincidence. Been there too. I'm actually considering switching from Iron Cobra to DW for the first time in 10 years, in no small part due to my own personal experience with the Tama people.

Based on this forum, I also called Jeff at Call Brent's Music Headquarters in Ft.Myers, Fl. at 239-936-6909. Awesome guy - very knowledgeable and very kind.

I wish you luck on your quest for parts. Out here in CA, I don't seem to have a problem contacting an authorized dealer and getting whatever I need.

However, my approach has been that if something broke on one of my Tama drums, a part that only they make, then I'll have a dealer contact Tama for the part - but in all my years of playing, I've never broken a lug or stripped out a tom mount (on any brand of drum). And the one time I broke a Tama bass drum hoop because the drum fell off of a shelf, then it was time to find some stock black hoops to replace them with.

But when it comes to stand parts, as much as I know it's cheaper to fix them (if you could only get the parts), when I'm dealing with a time constraint, the whole thing will just get replaced with something comparable (or the same thing), then I'll order the part for replacement for the old one - if it absolutely has to be that manufacturer's part. Hopefully that won't be the case for something like a hi-hat rod.

So, a bent hi-hat rod wouldn't stop me from playing, but something that would, like a snare stand or a cracked bass drum pedal, just pay the money and get another one so your playing isn't interrupted, then deal with fixing the old one later. Most drummers I know create a little collection of stuff over the years (me included) that help to save the day if you're giggin' alot.

Back