Does Anyone Want To Tab A Song For Me?

link2312

Hey all you fellow drummers lol I was wondering if somebody could tab/chart/transpose a song for me? The song is the cover version of queens Who Wants To Live Forever by Breaking Benjamin.... its a fantastic song and it would be a great one to do for my music performance exam coming up at school in 7 or 8 weeks

thanks in advance

its a fantastic song and it would be a great one to do for my music performance exam coming up at school in 7 or 8 weeks

You have an exam, and would let someone else write the parts? Shame on you!

Is there a reason you can't write the part yourself? I haven't heard the song, but I'd think an hour - probably less - is all it would take.

I just don't understand why a drummer who can (apparently) read music/tabs would ask another drummer to do the work.

If you're going to be a drummer - pro or not - you've got to do the work yourself.

Bermuda

its not an exam where i have to write the music/tab and then play it, its just an exam where i have to play the song... also i cant do it because i have never tried to tab a song before... i can however hear each individual drum/cymbal being hit so i guess i could do it but i'm just not sure how i would go about doing it...

Sure, if the price is right. Which key do you want it to be transposed in?

...key? wtf im not playing the friggin flute lol (or any other tuned instrument for that matter) I'm not planning on paying for it either lol i was hoping somebody might want to do it out of the goodness of their heart and to i guess get their name out as being the first to tab this song or to release a tab for this song on the internet

Last edited:
I think you meant 'transcribe', not transpose. Transcribe is to write, transpose is to change (to another key when talking about music.)

Bermuda

Given that you have 7 or 8 weeks, I don't forsee any problems transcribing the piece yourself. It would be a positive learning experience and you would be even better equipped to play it when the time comes.

its not an exam where i have to write the music/tab and then play it, its just an exam where i have to play the song... also i cant do it because i have never tried to tab a song before... i can however hear each individual drum/cymbal being hit so i guess i could do it but i'm just not sure how i would go about doing it...

Write down the things you hear...? Doing it yourself is a much better learning experience than just playing someone else's tab/notation.

its a Breaking Benjamin cover version of the song not the original Queen version...

If ya ain't cheatin, ya ain't tryin. :)

http://www.ttabs.com/tabs.php?id=50170

Can't vouch for the accuracy but should set you on the right track.

the link isnt working for me... would you be able to post it again or pm it to me? also is it the Breaking Benjamin cover or the original song? because i dont want the orginal i want the cover version

Link 2312, If you can hear all the individual snare/cymbal/hits, why even bother tabbing it? I don't mean this in a rude or condescending way at all, just an honest question. Growing up I always just learned by listening, and I understand everybody's different, but maybe take advantage of the fact that you DO have the ability to hear all the individual notes and take that 7or 8 weeks and use it as time to practice learning just by listening. This would be a great excercise. This way you'll train your ears, brain and limbs to work even better together, and in the future, you don't need to weed through all the crap tabs on the internet or come here and get scoffed at by everyone when you're trying to learn a song. Just my 2 cents. If you have the ears to make all the notes out, leave the paperwork out of it. Waste of time.

Link 2312, If you can hear all the individual snare/cymbal/hits, why even bother tabbing it? I don't mean this in a rude or condescending way at all, just an honest question. Growing up I always just learned by listening, and I understand everybody's different, but maybe take advantage of the fact that you DO have the ability to hear all the individual notes and take that 7or 8 weeks and use it as time to practice learning just by listening. This would be a great excercise. This way you'll train your ears, brain and limbs to work even better together, and in the future, you don't need to weed through all the crap tabs on the internet or come here and get scoffed at by everyone when you're trying to learn a song. Just my 2 cents. If you have the ears to make all the notes out, leave the paperwork out of it. Waste of time.

Actually, I've always found it a HUGE time saver.

Besides being able to play - being able to quickly sketch out charts for myself has probably been the support skill most useful to my career.

Also - as for tabs... real notation only takes about an hour longer to learn; is much more flexible and accurate; which ends up making it much faster to deal with.

David

Back