Could have been awkward #2

Magenta

Platinum Member
Today my teacher brought a cajon for me to have a go at as I'd never played one before.

Picture the scene: I'm sitting on it, in the conventional manner, while he is bending down in front of me showing me how to obtain different sounds by striking it lower down, and higher up ... And then the door opens and Mr Madge walks in to find me with a Very Nice Young Man with his hand between my legs!

True Brit that Mr Madge is, he didn't bat an eyelid, just said "Hi Liam," and carried on. I, of course, complimented him on his impeccable timing and laughed like a drain.

Last edited:
Ha ! Good one Madge.

Reminds me of this. My Mother did not like this picture. In 1957 my Dad was showing Kim Novak how to play the drums on the set of Pal Joey.

Yeah right, looks like she was really interested in learning how to play the drums.

WG-vi.jpg

That's awkward! Good thing you have a smooth drum teacher! haha

Ha ! Good one Madge.

Reminds me of this. My Mother did not like this picture. In 1957 my Dad was showing Kim Novak how to play the drums on the set of Pal Joey.

Yeah right, looks like she was really interested in learning how to play the drums.

That's a really cool pic, you're right not too interested. haha

I've taught a few girls to play at parties, always fun seeing a beginner clang away. Some were naturals at drumming!

Was your first thought to say "This isn't what it looks like!" That's what they always say in the movies. I wonder how many people caught in a genuine moment of indiscression actually tried that.

Doesn't Kim Novak in that pose look like Brittany Spears during her "crazy" period?

Ha ! Good one Madge.

From what I remember, she did a creditable job of drumming in that movie. Your dad must have been a patient teacher...

That's awkward! Good thing you have a smooth drum teacher! haha

Oh sorry, I didn't make it clear: it was good old Mr Madge who didn't bat an eyelid. The poor Very Nice Young Man blushed. Hehehe.

Kim Novak looks as if somebody is telling her what to do while Hollywood Snr is trying to teach her.

Ha ! Good one Madge.

Immense picture = wow!

Madge, it could have been so much worse. Imagine if one of your cats had nestled in or around the cajon. That would make for a potentially dangerous explanation ;)

On my, that is funny!

Sounds like an Monty Python skit

"Dear Sir, what are you doing with my wife?"

"oh, just having a round with her using my cajon"

"Ah, very well, carry on..."

Madge, it could have been so much worse. Imagine if one of your cats had nestled in or around the cajon. That would make for a potentially dangerous explanation ;)

Could easily have been an "Are You Being Served?" moment ...

Lock the door !?!?!

Oh yeah sure, that would make everything look so much more innocent. Ha !

Yeah, you have to wonder why I never thought of that, don't you?!

On my, that is funny!

Sounds like an Monty Python skit

"Dear Sir, what are you doing with my wife?"

"oh, just having a round with her using my cajon"

"Ah, very well, carry on..."

It was very much like that - quite surreal in the civility with which everybody behaved, until I started sniggering like a schoolgirl and lowered the tone.

Back