How will i play better with a single pedal Bass Drum. Tricks

My question as well. More important to keep solid tempo and rhythm then worry about fancy foot work.

If you mean wanting to be more diverse with your feet. Head over to you tube, look up any drummer you can imagine and I bet you'll find something there to work on ;-)

I have to break it to you, in drumming for most things there is no "trick" or "shortcut", they don't work (and often up being counter-productive).

Good, controlled, fast, efficient technique is about practice, practice, practice, infact that is a shorter way than trying to cheat, cheating is really cheating yourself.

There is of course the double pedal, really useful in metal genres and jazz fusion, but those are just a few styles that incorporate the drumset with double pedal (or two bass drums).

Double pedal isn't cheating, it is further utilisation, double pedal means hitting a bass drum faster than with a single pedal.

If you delve into double-bass drumming you expand the variety of syles of which you can learn to understand and play.

Last edited:
Why not get a double-pedal if a single is getting boring. I think it's great to explore any option that interests you. I don't see it as a "trick" or "cheating" in anyway - you have two limbs hitting every other drum on your kit, so why not that one?

I used to play double-kick, then double-pedal, but I just do single kick, single pedal anymore.

There are a couple of ways I use to generate power using single kick that I think sounds cooler than with two. But that's just me.

Back