The "I Just Got Here" Thread

Hello, Ken and welcome to the madness! :)

Tell us something about you...how long have you been playing, what you play and post pics of your kit if can!

I'm a noobie here too although long in the tooth in terms of age.

Just got my kit a couple weeks ago (Tama Rockstars) and my cymbals last week (Sabian XS20s). Making a heck of an incoherent racket even after swapping my snare head out for an Evans 2-ply.

Have my first lesson this weekend with Todd Bishop who seems to occasionally post in these parts!

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum...

... and what a post in the "The Instrument Is An Illusion" thread man, this was spot on :)

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum...

... and what a post in the "The Instrument Is An Illusion" thread man, this was spot on :)

HI buddy.

Thanks.

Your posts have been very, very good. Love them!

I saw the "I'm Leaving" thread

I saw the "why I'm staying" thread

thought I'd start a "I just got here" thread.

I'm nothing if not a clownboy smarty pants.

Kevin Gilbert said, in "city of the sun":

"say please and thank you, and curtsey twice - before you gore their sacred dinosaurs...."

My favorite past time is goring sacred dinosaurs.

We're going turn up the fun here.

-K

Kevin Gilbert said, in "city of the sun":

"say please and thank you, and curtsey twice - before you gore their sacred dinosaurs...."

My favorite past time is goring sacred dinosaurs.

We're going turn up the fun here.
My favorite Kevin Gilbert song .... Goodness Gracious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RV2O9xJdY0&feature=related
The CD shop I worked in was right down the street from his studio (the lawnmower shop). He used to wander in, once in a while. Really nice cat. Sad, he's not still with us.​
Welcome ... Ken​

When one door closes another opens. We lost Matt Smith, Lutz, Sticks and Duncan in the last debacle... Now we have this new clownboy smarty pants called Ken, who I predict will be a most welcome addition to the Forum.

Just an FYI Ken, in case no one else has informed you....don't bash Ringo on these boards, one of the unspoken things around here, host's request.

When one door closes another opens. We lost Matt Smith, Lutz, Sticks and Duncan in the last debacle... Now we have this new clownboy smarty pants called Ken, who I predict will be a most welcome addition to the Forum.

Just an FYI Ken, in case no one else has informed you....don't bash Ringo on these boards, one of the unspoken things around here, host's request.

HI buddy.

I'm the anti-Beatle. The fact that you put that together already makes us kin.

In a group that has gotten way too much run for way too long, he is one of the bright spots - keeping his head down and doing his job. A lesson many of us can learn from.

I got no issues with Ringo.

Thanks for the tip, tho.

Lets have some fun here.

-K

Back