Removing sticky residue from drum wrap

benthedrum

Hello everyone.

I decided to remove some reflective industrial tape that I had on my drums tonight, however it's left a band of sticky residue where the tape was.

Has anyone had this issue before?

If so, what would you recommend to remove it?

If it helps, the wrap involved is from a set of Remo Acousticon drums in white.

Would metholated spirits work?

Thanks guys......if you use it then that's enough of an endorsement for me.

Appreciate your help.

yep, WD-40 or paint thinners if you are careful. Nail varnish remover is also good.

And Lysol. We use it at work to remove glue/adhesive from numerous surfaces.

I just ran out of Goo Gone. Good for a lot of things. I need to replenish

For best results Foam Lok, you can use Bestine of Naptha. None of these product won’t harm wrap or even paint but will remove glue .

Hi to all the responders to my pleas for help. I couldn't source Goo gone here in Western Australia, BUT I looked for an equivalent and I found this stuff called " Planet Ark Orange Power sticky spot and goo dissolver". It was $5 and it worked amazingly well. The guy said it's the same stuff as Goo Gone.

It got rid of it immediately after applying it with minimal fuss.

My house now smells like an orchard.....a very orangey orchard.

I used it on the wrap with no issues and my DR-80 Pearl drum rack too.

Now my Remo Acousticon drums are back to their original plain white.......they are the ugliest drums I've ever owned.... infact they are sooo ugly they are beautiful.

I just ran out of Goo Gone. Good for a lot of things. I need to replenish

I'm with this.

Lots of stuff will/may work, but some things can start eating away at the substrate..depending on the chemical, and however the wrap was made.

The "Goo Gone" may not be AS strong as some others, but it is safe, and will not damage what's underneath.

(That said, the standard drum wrap "should" hold up to acetone).

T.

Another vote for Goo Gone.

I'm with this.

Lots of stuff will/may work, but some things can start eating away at the substrate..depending on the chemical, and however the wrap was made.

The "Goo Gone" may not be AS strong as some others, but it is safe, and will not damage what's underneath.

(That said, the standard drum wrap "should" hold up to acetone).

T.

Goof Off. Easily confused for Goo Gone, but stains some plastics instantly. Say no to the Goof Off.

Back