Peter Tork Dies

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Obviously not the biggest band but still very popular.

"The Monkees bassist and singer Peter Tork died Thursday, according to his sister and bandmates. He was 77."

“It is with beyond-heavy and broken hearts that we share the devastating news that our friend, mentor, teacher, and amazing soul, Peter Tork, has passed from this world,” read a statement on Tork's official Facebook account. "Please know that Peter was extremely appreciative of you, his Torkees, and one of his deepest joys was to be out in front of you, playing his music, and seeing you enjoy what he had to share."

I wanna be free
Like the bluebirds flying by me
Like the waves out on the blue sea
If your love has to tie me
Don't try me, say good-bye
I wanna be free

R.I.P Mr. Tork. You're free now!

A shame but part of the path of life. As a radio broadcaster for 35 years I had the chance to meet more celebs than I could ever count or remember. Working for KOOL FM here in Phoenix we staged many oldies shows. One featured the Monkees. Davy Jones was an ass. Micky Dolenz also pretty self absorbed as well. But Peter Tork was as down to earth and nice as anyone you'd like to have a beer with. I appreciated his humaness. R.I.P. buddy

. . .Davy Jones was an ass. Micky Dolenz also pretty self absorbed as well. But Peter Tork was as down to earth and nice as anyone you'd like to have a beer with. I appreciated his humaness. R.I.P. buddy

Pretty much what I expected; and where was Nesmith -- a no-show I presume.
I agree - R.I.P buddy....

Back