Tastes changed overnight

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Just like that. For the last 11 years, a coated emperor or a coated G2 was the only snare head I would use. Coated ambassadors just sounded too thin to me.

Listening to a gig recording with my newest Guru snare the night before last, I decided that a coated emp sounds too thick to me now, so last night I decided to try a coated ambassador at a gig.

Hello gorgeous.

It's livelier and it records better, and I don't know what was wrong with me for the last 11 years, but OMG do I love my Guru with this head on it. I am so tickled that I have this snare drum that I actually can't wait to play, I never really felt that before. They will have to pry my Guru steambent In-Tense ash snare drum from my cold dead hands when my time is up.
Thank you Mr. Crosby for this exceptional instrument. I had just the best gig ever last night, I could not miss, and gorgeous women were dancing and shaking it all night long. You are indirectly responsible for the fantastic time everyone had last night.

Taste. What a wacky, subjective concept.

I'm actually on the other side of the spectrum. I'm leaning towards thicker snare heads for the first time ever. I want to bring out the depth of my new BoB snare. I'm reluctant to make a full switch though, so I compromised and picked up a coated Controlled Sound head. It gets a test run at tonight's gig.

'Taste' drives the world, of commerce at least.
Yes nothing like and Amb, old tried and true.
Do you record every gig and play it back Larry? If so you must be very in tune with everything your band and the drums do.

And all the dancers? Was this to your blues band?

'Taste' drives the world, of commerce at least.
Yes nothing like and Amb, old tried and true.
Do you record every gig and play it back Larry? If so you must be very in tune with everything your band and the drums do.

And all the dancers? Was this to your blues band?

Yes Louis, I record and play back, and save to my home server....every gig I've ever done. I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gig recordings going back to 2004.

I am only in one band now, a trio, and while at heart we are a kickin blues band, in reality we have to play cover music for the places we play. So we are all over the map genre-wise. About once every 2 months we play this one room that requires blues. Not enough for me, but the level of musicianship is so high in this band that I am content enough with what I get, but I still would like more.

I just would like to know why I liked a 2 ply sound for all those years and now I don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vZpb9wFPx0

Wow, wow, wow. Seriously Larry, how long have I been on your case about this? At last - eventually, praise be to the gods of drumming sanity - YES!!!!!

Pretty funny Ands. You Brits really have the pomp thing going on. Yes, it's been 437 days that you've been on my case about this. You took much too long to convince me and I mostly... no fully... blame you, for not trying harder. Shame on you! :p

You took much too long to convince me and I mostly... no fully... blame you, for not trying harder. Shame on you! :p
Hahaha, yes, it's my fault. Everything's my fault. Just form a queue behind my wife!

Ok, out of place slightly (please forgive me this Larry), but in the last few minutes, I received this recording of young Jannis Vernier playing his Guru competition prize snare. I think it records beautifully, & this fitted with an Evans G1 coated SINGLE PLY head ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTtFayake8

For me, it all depends on the drum. On one drum I might love a head, and on another drum, I'll think it kills the character of the drum.

Hahaha, yes, it's my fault. Everything's my fault. Just form a queue behind my wife!

Ok, out of place slightly (please forgive me this Larry), but in the last few minutes, I received this recording of young Jannis Vernier playing his Guru competition prize snare. I think it records beautifully, & this fitted with an Evans G1 coated SINGLE PLY head ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTtFayake8

That's gorgeous. Very nice studio sound.

You thought right, that is a beautiful snare tone. I'm glad the drum went to a worthy person.

and gorgeous women were dancing and shaking it all night long. You are indirectly responsible for the fantastic time everyone had last night.

So from what I gather here the Guru snare drum, with the correct drum head, is responsible for increasing the sexual tension between men and women.
Which in turn will lead to more sexual interaction between men and women.
So the Guru snare drum might in fact be substantially responsible for increasing the population.

Yeah, I need to get me one of those Guru snares.

So from what I gather here the Guru snare drum, with the correct drum head, is responsible for increasing the sexual tension between men and women.
Which in turn will lead to more sexual interaction between men and women.
So the Guru snare drum might in fact be substantially responsible for increasing the population.

Yeah, I need to get me one of those Guru snares.

Pretty funny Hollywood. Who woulda thunk that Guru drums could be responsible for population increase. It's almost like they're Mapex Saturns. :p

Screw the fertility drugs, just give them a Guru snare.

Back