I am from Strat Talk, would like the help of a drummer...

guitarvegas

Hello, my name is Guitarvegas and I have been over at Strat-Talk for a few years now. It is a great community but sometimes hanging around nothing but guitar players can become less of what you need to do really cool things.

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A PROJECT THAT REQUIRES YOUR HELP. Please keep an open mind. Here I go...

We do challenges for fun over on ST and we like to jump start things with maybe a good jam track. Cool if you want what is online (which can be very good). NOT COOL if you want something very specific. Hard for me because I am not a drummer (AT ALL..LOL).

So.....I would like to open this suggestion up to the crowd here as an invitation to begin intermixing our two worlds to help better ourselves and work together. Remember that all of this is strictly for fun and is not intended for making any money from.

WHO LIKES MITCH MITCHEL AND HENDRIX? The first project I want your help with is to recreate the drum track to a live version of Red House. It was a 12 minute version from Stockholm in 1969. It is super slow and super groovy and I want so badly to have the drums extracted from the track, but the task is not possible.

Would anyone here be willing to recreate them for all of us at Strat Talk to take a crack at recording to? Your help will make us all feel very blessed and maybe we can do more in the future. I hope that we can help you out also and I am willing to if I can.

Here is the track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_rRJIAQapg

Maybe you can record the drum track while listening to it and then later get rid of the live track and save an MP3 of your drums.

Would anyone here be willing to help out with this project?

Thank you all. Talk to you soon!

I saw this exact same post yesterday, and here it is again as your first post... I am confused.

I am sorry, it is because I did not clearly know that I could not "bump" my post as I did last night. I am starting here again with a clean slate. Sorry moderators!

Welcome and thanks for including us in your good idea. I myself can't really help with trying to recreate Mitch Mitchell's drumming, but there are people here who can. Hopefully someone will step up. Very cool of you to do this.

Like Larry, I'm hoping a Mitch Mitchell guy can step up. It's probably not me, though! lol

Absolutely so cool that you guys are open minded to this idea. I think we all need to come together "across boards" and share and collaborate like this. Can't wait to see who steps up to this fun challenge. I know the guys at Strat Talk are intrigued by my idea and are anxious also to see what turns up from this. Hey, anything is possible if you can think it.

A big challenge for me, if I were to try to play along with this, are the minute tempo fluctuations. I love them, and they are part of what made this stuff so organic and so full of unique feel, but they can be a b!tch to play along with after the fact! I listened to the little pushes of the time in some of the fills, and I would have a hard time replicating them.

I hope someone is up to it.

Back