Ok, I've Officially Taken the Leap! Yikes!

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
After seeing MaryO's thread (see here), I have been thinking about getting myself out there in the world of music. It's taken me three months to screw up enough courage to do this but hey, there's only so much I can do playing by myself, right?

Mary inspired me to take this leap. All I can say, is that I hope something works out.

Here's the link for my CL ad if you'd like to see it.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/muc/3923980657.html

By the way, it looks and sounds a lot like Mary's because I stole it from her - with her permission, of course. ;-)

Let the fun begin.... eeeeeeee!

That's awesome! Good luck!!

Your kit looks a lot like mine. I have a Birch Mapex Meridian. Are those cymbals Xs20's?

Yay, well done - best of luck!

Point me in the direction of Albuquerque, I wanna go home!

Congrats and good luck.

See this warms my heart. Mary has been a big influence here. I think she's awesome for being so transparent about her journey. Best of luck to you Mr. Mulcahy in your quest to find other people to work with.

See this warms my heart. Mary has been a big influence here. I think she's awesome for being so transparent about her journey. Best of luck to you Mr. Mulcahy in your quest to find other people to work with.
Agreed, warms my heart too :)

Mary's broken her duck, Madge is putting herself about (teehee), & now you're taking the plunge. That Mary chick really is a bad influence ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for all the positive replies and encouragement, I really appreciate it. I can't believe it, but the ad has been on CL for only a few short hours and I've already gotten 5 responses. Out of those 5, four of them seem pretty good.

Now I just have to figure out what to do.

Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Thanks for all the positive replies and encouragement, I really appreciate it. I can't believe it, but the ad has been on CL for only a few short hours and I've already gotten 5 responses. Out of those 5, four of them seem pretty good.

Now I just have to figure out what to do.

Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

That is the spirit my friend :) I found my first band back stateside after being in Germany for 3 years on CL. I would say try out each band see what fits you best. Even though I was being auditioned by bands in many ways it was me auditioning them. Have fun and I trust your gut will guide you to the best fit.

Excellent! Good job! Ive pretty much decided the same for myself recently after woodshedding for what has turned into years(which btw I wish more people would do)! good luck out there! and hope to hear more from you! Jason Burns

Well somehow I just saw this...late to the game as usual! So cool! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see how this turns out. No matter how it turns out though , I guarantee you'll gain a world of experience!

Also, be careful who inspires you around here, could prove dangerous to your health and well-being :). Especially a certain female drummer...as a certain someone said, I hear she's a bad influence!

Have a great time, you're about to take a fantastic new journey which you won't ever forget!!.

All the best

Back