Stick Control book:Short Roll Combos page question.

Taking the top exercise as an example, you've got RLRL eighth notes, followed by what would effectively be eight buzz strokes, and then the pattern starts again. So you've got a nine stroke closed roll as it says, which would be sixteenths relative to the tempo.

I wonder about it myself, but that seems the only sensible way to look at it.

To look at it another way, you're playing R L R L RLRLRLRLR L R L, with the sixteenths as buzz strokes leading into the repetition of the eights at the beginning.

Any help?

Just continue playing 8th notes during the roll, playing buzzes instead of taps. Ex. 13-24 call for a 7-stroke roll, so play the release note on the & of 4 as a tap. They're the same as the exercises on p. 11, but substituting multiple-bounce strokes for each double stroke.

So, ex. 1 would be alternating 8th notes with taps on 1&2& and buzzes on 3&4&. Ex. 13 would be the same thing with buzzes on 3&4 and taps on everything else. Note that they're not going to sound like rolls until you get up into the half note=~100+ range.

Just continue playing 8th notes during the roll, playing buzzes instead of taps. Ex. 13-24 call for a 7-stroke roll, so play the release note on the & of 4 as a tap. They're the same as the exercises on p. 11, but substituting multiple-bounce strokes for each double stroke.

So, ex. 1 would be alternating 8th notes with taps on 1&2& and buzzes on 3&4&. Ex. 13 would be the same thing with buzzes on 3&4 and taps on everything else. Note that they're not going to sound like rolls until you get up into the half note=~100+ range.

Release note? Whats that?

Hello,

I am having hard time reading page14-1 what are the brackets meant for? Is there any audio/video book for these exercices to know that i am doing it right?

I also dont understand page 15- exercice 1 whats with the bridge between tempo 2 and 3? I reached that far of the book but stumbling upon here coz of bad reading

Thanks a bunch

Back