2014 Chicago Drum Show, who's going?

willc87

I tried to find the existing thread about this years Chicago Drum Show, but obviously wasn't successful. I was wondering who all is going to be there from DW?

I will be going with some friends on Sunday to catch Jojo and drool at all the cool new toys. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, as of now Weather.com says 67 and sunny for Sunday! Saturday not so hot, 60 with a 40% of rain.

I was supposed to go again this year, but I can't now. Pretty bummed.

It was a fun last year seeing things, and finally talking to some friends in person after a couple years of emails, and internet chat.

Have fun, I know the clinics will be cool!

Didn't even know about this. Is it this weekend, May 17 and 18? How much?

EDIT: Nevermind, I spoke before just googling it. May have to check this out if I have time.

I'll be there on Sunday! First time going, I'm really looking forward to perusing the Ludwig booth and checking out JoJo's clinic!

Lucky me, I heard about this through an ad in the middle of Modern Drummer magazine that I picked up at a grocery store while looking for eggs and milk. That was Friday night on my way home from work. It was one of those "am I working? yes. Do I have money? yes." then flip back and check the dates on the ad.... TODAY and TOMORROW!!??!! I'M GOINGGGGG!!!!!!!

So I grabbed Jojo at the end of all the autograph signing and got this...

picture.php

Doesn't get any better than that!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Steph

Lucky me, I heard about this through an ad in the middle of Modern Drummer magazine that I picked up at a grocery store while looking for eggs and milk. That was Friday night on my way home from work. It was one of those "am I working? yes. Do I have money? yes." then flip back and check the dates on the ad.... TODAY and TOMORROW!!??!! I'M GOINGGGGG!!!!!!!

So I grabbed Jojo at the end of all the autograph signing and got this...

picture.php

Doesn't get any better than that!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Steph

Yep I remember you in our booth with your great feet playing...

Last edited:
Yep I remember you in our booth with your gret feet playing...

Did I get a card from you guys?? I came home with a half dozen business cards and remember most of the faces. Dominic sold me the 3 inch wide practicel-pad-w-attachment thing. The two (brothers?) from Montreal let me jam on their custom kit (Sebastian and ?). And then I got to play on a kit by 'De Ville' or something like that.

Anyway, glad to see you here!!! And I'm glad you liked my playing, although I've not played in over a month. Found a job and had to relocate for it. So working and getting overtime have been the excuses :)

Oh. Yeahhh.... I picked up the most fantastic cymbal... Amedia Antique 20" Ride. I will upload some pictures in the near future. Just trying to establish a practice spot in my new location, ha, ha.

Regards,

Steph
Edit: Ok, so it's right there in your profile... Montebello, Quebec, which I suppose is in or near Montreal. You guys rock and I enjoyed talking to you about the drums!!

Last edited:
Back