Drum academy

jole

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in professional drumming since i was 10 but I actually started playing at the age of 15 because that's when my parents finally bought me a drumset. I am from Europe and plan on going to academy in America because I'm interested in Fusion more and in Europe there are only academies for Jazz as far as I know. I'm now playing about a year and something and until last 2 months I've been nothing but playing, no practicing. I built my groove nicely but my technique was not as good as it should be. Last 2 months I really changed my lifestyle and began massively dedicating my time to drumming and now i spend about 3 hours every day practicing stick control (only 1st page with matched and traditional grip) and I really like the result, my paradiddles and every combination are improving very well as well as singles and hand technique in common. I also have a book for coordination and it has some complicated foot patterns which have nice results too. I don't like double pedals because i want primarily my left and right foot to be totally independent which is impossible to do with double pedal. I'm asking professionals to tell and suggest me what should I also practice and where to try share my skills. Thanks!

Also I have a great opportunity to play in a trio, they play stuff like James Brown, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Mike Stern, etc.

Back