Any Stores Do Shell Packs without Snares?

Souljacker

Silver Member
Is this a reasonable request in any drum stores or music retailers, where you can ask to buy a shell pack without the snare included?

Depends on what kit you're looking at. Most higher end kits don't include a snare with the shell pack anyway. However most lower end through to intermediate kits do. And due to the difficulty in on selling the snare, the vast majority of retailers won't separate them.

You can always ask....who knows, someone might surprise you. But be prepared to be knocked back by most.

Turns out the kit I'm looking at doesn't have a snare included anyway. Thought it did looking at the picture of it! It's about 640 dollars so towards the lower end of the scale.

Turns out the kit I'm looking at doesn't have a snare included anyway. Thought it did looking at the picture of it! It's about 640 dollars so towards the lower end of the scale.

Just curious, but which kit are you looking to buy?

I'm of the belief that a matching snare is a good thing, a unified sound thing... but for some reason the yamaha snare with the bop kit isn't as impressive as the rest of the kit. Not made very well when I tested the kit in the store. But I think online stores have an option to buy without snare, if I'm not mistaken..

I'm of the belief that a matching snare is a good thing, a unified sound thing... but for some reason the yamaha snare with the bop kit isn't as impressive as the rest of the kit. Not made very well when I tested the kit in the store. But I think online stores have an option to buy without snare, if I'm not mistaken..

All of the online stores I've viewed have had it without snare. Luckily I have a steel Pearl Sensitone to add to the kit if I buy it. Hopefully that would blend in nicely.

I kind of like the reverse idea, that if I bought a $1,200 snare, they would include the 4 piece kit with it!!!

The Ludwig Club Dates don't include a snare either, which is really cool. I think they know everybody wants to pair a Supra or Acro up with those kits anyway, it just seems natural ;)

Back