Did You Know??

A

Anthony Amodeo

so I thought this would be a cool idea so I figured I'd give it a go with you guys.

a bit of a trivia thread involving drums, drumming, and drummers

sort of a game to keep us all occupied while we kill time on a forum we obviously all love.

I say we use the honor system and try not to look things up before we answer, or if you do wait a while for someone to try and answer and then mention you looked it up when you submit your answer.

sound cool?

so Ill start it out with a pretty easy one.

we are approaching the 30 year anniversary of the death of John Belushi so I figured I'd ask a Belushi related question.

when John stood next to Joe Cocker doing an impression of the very man he was standing next to on the stage of SNL in 1976 singing "Feeling Alright" ... who was playing drums ?

Last edited:
Hey i totally agree with you. However i don't know the answer to your question but would love to know. Anyone else who knows ?

Steve Jordan?
Did you watch Biography last night? They reran the thing on Belushi and I saw this exact scene. I think I caught Steve in the shot.

Gadd? I know he sessioned for Joe.

Gadd? I know he sessioned for Joe.

Gadd it was....but there was another drummer that Im not sure of playing as well that I see now that I watch it again, if anyone knows who it was I'd love to know

Im thinking maybe the SNL house drummer at the time? ...if any of you know who that was ...or possibly Chris parker? cant really get a good look at him in the footage

Stuff was Joes backing band on occasion and happened to be that night

Last edited:
In keeping with the Belushi/SNL theme:

What punk band did Belushi petition to have as the musical guest, only to show up with a group of moshing "fans" (members of other popular punk bands), and cause $20k worth of damage to the studio?

In keeping with the Belushi/SNL theme:

What punk band did Belushi petition to have as the musical guest, only to show up with a group of moshing "fans" (members of other popular punk bands), and cause $20k worth of damage to the studio?

wasn't that the infamous FEAR performance?

great question by the way

great performance as well

I know some of the guys from the Cro Mags were among the people destroying things :)

wasn't that the infamous FEAR performance?

great question by the way

great performance as well

I know some of the guys from the Cro Mags were among the people destroying things :)

yup. too easy i guess. yea... cro-mags, minor threat, and a few other bands.

If that's an easy one I'm in big trouble.

I've got one: How many Beatle songs did Bernard Purdie play on? :)

three.

But he didn't play on them, as much has he over dubbed on them due to Pete Best's drumming was not very well heard on the demo tape the record company was trying to pass off as "new Beatles" material.

Without looking it up: Name all the drummers who have toured with Ozzy (solo material).

three.

But he didn't play on them, as much has he over dubbed on them due to Pete Best's drumming was not very well heard on the demo tape the record company was trying to pass off as "new Beatles" material.

Without looking it up: Name all the drummers who have toured with Ozzy (solo material).

wow tough, Ill give it a shot

Mike Bordin
Tommy Aldridge (sp?)
Jimmy Degrasso
Randy Castillo RIP
Lee Kerslake (sp?)...the guy from Uriah Heep
Carmine Appice

I know there has to be more, including the guy who plays now (dont know his name) but thats all I can think of

racked my brain to get that many

Got one here, what band did Billy Bob Thornton play in before he bacame a movie star?

Got one here, what band did Billy Bob Thornton play in before he bacame a movie star?

wow, no idea

looking forward to that answer

in the mean time

what two well known musicians did Chevy Chase play drums with ?

and what well know band did those two musicians go on to form?

wow, no idea

in the mean time

Damnit... This is driving me nuts... I saw something about this recently but can't remember...

Cheech & Chong?

Damnit... This is driving me nuts... I saw something about this recently but can't remember...

Cheech & Chong?

hahahahaha thats an awesome answer

not Cheech and Chong but I wish it was

wow, no idea

in the mean time

Becker and Fagan......Steely Dan.

hahahahaha thats an awesome answer

not Cheech and Chong but I wish it was

haha... yea I know.. I just looked it up (I won't say anything). I watched documentary about Chong recently, and was thinking that was why it rang a bell. nope. very surprising answer.

wow tough, Ill give it a shot

Mike Bordin
Tommy Aldridge (sp?)
Jimmy Degrasso
Randy Castillo RIP
Lee Kerslake (sp?)...the guy from Uriah Heep
Carmine Appice

I know there has to be more, including the guy who plays now (dont know his name) but thats all I can think of

racked my brain to get that many
Tommy was the man on that tour. I was there for most of the gigs :) Oh the stories :0

Back