Anyone own of have experience with Atlas Mounting hardware?

The answer is yes. And there are some good threads on this too.

And the other answer is yes, do it. I would totally retrofit kits with them.

I recently installed them on my classic maples. I have never liked the Ludwig RIMS style suspension mounts so I figured I'd give the Atlas mounts a try. I can honestly say that I really like them. I was having a difficult time keeping my 12" tom in tune. The stock suspension mount was making it very difficult to keep the lugs at an even tension. I was finding that where the suspension mount had contact with the lugs (no matter what I did) the tension was never quite even, resulting in a loss of resonance and an often times unpleasant overall drum sound. Surprisingly, this was only happening with the 12" tom and not the 10" so I was finding myself using the 10" almost exclusively and barely ever setting up the 12".

The Atlas mount has completely eliminated this issue. The 12" tunes up beautifully and I couldn't be happier with the tones I am pulling from the drum. The mount has also allowed me to position the toms closer together without the bulky suspension mounts getting in the way ad creating that annoying rattling noise.

I also installed one on my vintage WFL kit and have had very pleasant results.

In the end, I can honestly say that the Atlas mounts are well worth the investment.

I replaced the tom mounts on my Gretsch Renown kit (the pre-2013 model with the RIMS-style wrap around bands) with the ATLAS mounts and love, love, love them.

I also have a short ATLAS arm that I used to mount a ride cymbal off of my bass drum. I replaced one of the lugs with an ATLAS mount and bought the short arm and the 12.7mm post to mount it. It worked great. I went back to a 2-up instead of a 1-up tom setup, so I took that off and put the original bass drum lug back on, but it worked great in that position.

I want to get a long ATLAS arm and a couple of the scissor lift arms and use them to replace some cymbal stands but that's going to have to wait until after the tax return.

Fantastic, this totally sells me, thanks for the replies. I did not even think about putting the Atlas Hardware on non-Ludwig kits. I have 2 Vintage Gretsch kits that would be great for the Atlas mounts.

Time to retrofit. Thanks again

I replaced the tom mounts on my Gretsch Renown kit (the pre-2013 model with the RIMS-style wrap around bands) with the ATLAS mounts and love, love, love them.

I also have a short ATLAS arm that I used to mount a ride cymbal off of my bass drum. I replaced one of the lugs with an ATLAS mount and bought the short arm and the 12.7mm post to mount it. It worked great. I went back to a 2-up instead of a 1-up tom setup, so I took that off and put the original bass drum lug back on, but it worked great in that position.

I want to get a long ATLAS arm and a couple of the scissor lift arms and use them to replace some cymbal stands but that's going to have to wait until after the tax return.

Are you copying me LOL?

There is a range of lug holes Atlas will work with. Best to check measurements first on any kit that someone hasn't personally put them on. Tama for instance. I do know of a guy on another forum that put them on his Pearl Vision kit and they worked great.

I have a few that I use on my (non-Ludwig) kit. Its a custom made kit with Keller shells, and the Ludwig Atlas mounts fit the lug holes perfectly. I use a Atlas mount on the floor tom along with a short scissor lift to hold a 20" crash. Additionally, I use two on the bass drum (opposite sides of the shell) with a long scissor lift (and a 12.7mm arm connecting between) to support a 21" heavy ride. Seems to be holding up good, however, the bass drum is a little tight in its Protection Racket soft case. Its two less stands in my hardware bag, and coupled with some flat based Gibraltar stands, my hardware set is manageable. Makes a huge difference at the bar gig 2 am breakdown load out!

Back