Old Dog's Cans

Old Dog new Cans

Well, alrighty. Here's my dDrum Journeyman Gen2 Player.

13 x 7 snare drum
10 x 7 tom
12 x 8 tom
16 x 14 floor
22 x 18 bass

I have 2 Wuhan splashes, 6" and 10". I know a lot of peeps don't dig on the stackers. But they were cheap! I never had splashes in the past, I wanted to experiment without spending much.

All other cymbals are vintage Zildjian for the most part. 20" ride from the 60s, 18" crash ride or maybe a medium crash--also 60s era, 16" thin crash--I'm not sure about what era. I'd guess by how it looks, late 80s/90s??. . .but not sure. And I also have 14" New Beats from the 70s.

I had to start with a great throne, so I got some help here, and did some research. The Ahead Spinal-G is Suhweet! Shells are Basswood/Birch I'm planning on re-wrapping the snare. I don't think I like the red in all 5 pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_0765.png
    IMG_0765.png
    422 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0769.png
    IMG_0769.png
    407.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0766.png
    IMG_0766.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0768.png
    IMG_0768.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Manage attachments, it's right under the preview/submit post buttons.

Pics are up FINALLY.

Jeez man. Had to resize them a few times to get it right. Anyway, nothing spectacular but I love the sound of the kit! Because the toms are not very deep, I'm able to really lower them, keep them flat-ter.

Nicely done. Looking good.

I'm glad I learned how to post pics today (eyeroll). Thanks

I actually traded the guitars I had for sale today, for more drum equipment. I need to rearrange cymbal to stand configuration to get it right.

I dig the black hardware with the red. It's a cool look.

You can date your cymbals by the stamp. There are plenty of sites with a Zildjian stamp timeline, if you were so inclined.

I dig the black hardware with the red. It's a cool look.

You can date your cymbals by the stamp. There are plenty of sites with a Zildjian stamp timeline, if you were so inclined.

I dig the black too! One of the main reasons I picked this set. I mean, it's certainly not the highest regarded company, but they do some things a little different. Thanks though.

And I will check out the stamp timeline info. Man, some of the stamps are SO old. My old eyes struggle with it, lol.

Back