Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
Give me wisdom of books I have not read.
Especially since I haven't read Volume One.

Attachments

• DrumJokeBookLoRes.jpg
    DrumJokeBookLoRes.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 417
I wish this book existed and that I read it when I was younger. It explains a lot.

51Bz60iDotL._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Good Omens is a hack fiction book based on a true non-fiction story. The Demon and Angel, and son of Satan. All angels. I'm not naming any names to protect the innocent.

Attachments

• Unknown-1 copy 2.jpeg
    Unknown-1 copy 2.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 219
Good Omens is a hack fiction book based on a true non-fiction story. The Demon and Angel, and son of Satan. All angels. I'm not naming any names to protect the innocent.

Non-fiction story? i don't understand that (I mean i understand what non-fiction means, just not what you are referencing, I have never seen anything with angels and demons that wasn't fiction) Good Omens was a decent book.. I loved the premise but about 3/4 through it sort of fell apart. I wouldn't call it "Hack" by any means though.. Gaiman and Pratchett are/were both amazing writers and never called hacks..

Personally, i'm reading Dick Cavett's "Brief encounters" Which is just awesome as he is one of my favorite people ever.. been a really good read :)

Completely agree with joombo, Blood Meridian is very well written. When I don't read paper help reviews for my studies and have a free minute I literally dip into another Cormac McCarthy's book called The Road. One of the most emotionally touching and heartbreaking books I ever read. It's a real gem, an absolute must-read, in case you like this genre or the way McCarthy writes.

Non-fiction story? i don't understand that (I mean i understand what non-fiction means, just not what you are referencing, I have never seen anything with angels and demons that wasn't fiction) Good Omens was a decent book.. I loved the premise but about 3/4 through it sort of fell apart. I wouldn't call it "Hack" by any means though.. Gaiman and Pratchett are/were both amazing writers and never called hacks..

Personally, i'm reading Dick Cavett's "Brief encounters" Which is just awesome as he is one of my favorite people ever.. been a really good read :)

It was meant to be humor. I apologize if taken otherwise-which I give up on my frail attempts at humor on here. Though an avid reader of fiction and non-fiction since childhood in around 1980 I quit reading anything that wasn't biology/science related journals and books till about 2000. Even since I still go towards science oriented books and journals so can't seem to break habit (the last was a book on Epigenetics) but I still read journals daily trying to keep up with various areas of interest. I like reading informative books and whatnot on history and nature. Recently I've gotten hooked on reading peer-reviewed journals and science of climate change (nothing like media and political rhetoric) and on human genetics and evolution which is shaking up that field (because the genetic story of Modern humans is different than archeological one). Researchgate tells you when people cite your papers so I can keep up with what's going on since I left that area of research, which is pretty cool now I'm an old fart. I guess I've been geekified beyond any hope.

Im currently reading Sherlock Holmes, got this big book with all the stories in it...loving it! Just finished A Study in Scarlet, hella fun. Love when he reveals how he came to his conclusions.

It was meant to be humor. I apologize if taken otherwise-which I give up on my frail attempts at humor on here. Though an avid reader of fiction and non-fiction since childhood in around 1980 I quit reading anything that wasn't biology/science related journals and books till about 2000. Even since I still go towards science oriented books and journals so can't seem to break habit (the last was a book on Epigenetics) but I still read journals daily trying to keep up with various areas of interest. I like reading informative books and whatnot on history and nature. Recently I've gotten hooked on reading peer-reviewed journals and science of climate change (nothing like media and political rhetoric) and on human genetics and evolution which is shaking up that field (because the genetic story of Modern humans is different than archeological one). Researchgate tells you when people cite your papers so I can keep up with what's going on since I left that area of research, which is pretty cool now I'm an old fart. I guess I've been geekified beyond any hope.

Geeks are fascinating, geek away! Please share wisdom nuggets with us, or at least the nuggets that you can layman up so dummies like me can understand. Epigenetics huh, gotta google just what the heck that is.

Googled it.....didnt help lol

Being a history geek (esp. WW2) and suddenly finding myself having a lot of free time on my hands... I'm chewing on these:

512h5CEORtL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51asCx3griL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51RGjHiKG3L._SX419_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Being a history geek (esp. WW2) and suddenly finding myself having a lot of free time on my hands... I'm chewing on these:

I also love WW2 history. It's fascinating.

My nerd/mechanical side has read this twice, and will probably be reading it again at some point. I keep looking for mistakes to make this stuff work, but I know I won't.

Attachments

• 51SAN01B8CL._SX345_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51SAN01B8CL._SX345_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back