need help and advice on rogers holiday 1965 restoration

lazer

HI

I in Vancouver Canada and have picked up a Rogers 1965 Holiday kit with the wrap pulled off[too bad]

20" , 13", 14" floor, 14x 51/2 snare

missing front bass drum lugs and claws,hoops intact

Should I restore this,sell it whole,or part it out?

Thanks,mitch

You should be able to get everything you need on ebay as far as hardware. Or sell it as is to someone who restores sets. If your not experienced rewraping drums I'd say sell them because I'd like to see any old quality kit restored properly. Good luck, Doc

thanks,how much should I ask for in the current condition
I would like to restore myself but probably too expensive for parts,and I have a Ludwig kit that works for me
I'll try local Craigslist ,then Ebay
I should keep the snare maybe?
Is it the rare much sought after wood snare?

thanks again

M

HI

I in Vancouver Canada and have picked up a Rogers 1965 Holiday kit with the wrap pulled off[too bad]

20" , 13", 14" floor, 14x 51/2 snare

missing front bass drum lugs and claws,hoops intact

Should I restore this,sell it whole,or part it out?

Thanks,mitch

Its a real shame the wrap was pulled off,they were worth a lot more the wrap intact.Even if you rewrap that kit,all the collectable value is gone,but it could make a nice players kit.If you have all the hardware,script logos,and its in good shape,why not keep it and rewrap it in a close to original Rogers wrap.

Im not sure if that set was custom ordered,or is missing a tom,but with a 20'bass,and 14x14 floor tom,it should have come with an 8x12 tom,not a 13".The most valuable drum in that bunch is the floor tom.

I don't know if you like the sizes,or if you have ever heard Rogers drums,but they sound amazing.Deep,loud,and warm.If you decide to sell,I guess,Ebay or try the Vintage Drum Forum would be a good place to start.

Steve B

Missing parts .... and it's been de-wrapped. To get it up and running, as a players kit, depending on how you re-finish or re-wrap it ... you'll probably end up with $500-$800 into it (counting initial purchase price, also). And, for that kinda cash ... you'll have a nice kit. Certainly, I'd rather have an old Rogers kit, than one of the new Catalina Jazz, Sonor Jungle, etc. (type kits) ... but that's just me.​
Selling it whole ... it's already missing the wrap ... and about $100 - $200 in hardware ... you might get $400 - $500 dollars for it ... or you might not.​
Parting it out ... I wouldn't go that far, but I would sell each drum individually. The 14x14 is your most valuable drum. If I had a Rogers project going, and needed that drum, I'd be willing to splash some "big cash" for it ... but I wouldn't necessarily want to pay for a non-running kick, and a rack I don't need ... and a snare I don't need ... and all the extra shipping for those items.​
On the other hand ... on eBay I usually always check out what "other items" a seller has ... so someone who is interested in buying the whole kit ... they will contact you ... they will let you know their intent.​

If it were me ,what I did would be influenced by what I had in them money wise .I have a kit,1967,and I love them,so I would be inclined to keep them.Pics would help,but if the wood was pretty enough I would consider sanding and finishing with tung oil,that would be cheap,and leave you with more money to chase down the missing parts.since the kit is a player anyway ,you might consider trying something like this http://www.proshoptucson.com/services.html

I would buy the hardware that is needed to complete the kit. eBay has it.

There are sellers on eBay that sell inexpensive drum wrap. (search "drum wrap" under musical instruments)

This will make it a nice "Players Kit" that you can enjoy. :)

This was my Rogers kit ... bought it for $243. Had fun with it, for a while. Moved it along, when I bought my Luddie 26. 13, 16, 18 kit.​

Attachments

• 6a00e54f08b7be8834010536cbe910970c-800wi.jpg
    6a00e54f08b7be8834010536cbe910970c-800wi.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 271
Back